octavioccl
1 Nickel

RE: XPS 15 9550 touchpad issue that Dell apparently can't fix

I'm really surprised to see so many comments about the same issue and nobody in dell is taking care of it. I had the same problem about a month ago, but fortunately I was in warranty. After wait two weeks for a battery replacement, they decided to send a new laptop, but for my surprise the battery manufacturer of the new one is the same what I had problem at first. The model is

NAME DELL 1P6KD54

MANUFACTURER SMP

CHEMISTRY LiP

DESIGN CAPACITY 83,995 mWh

In my case, I could say they found a solution, but as a customer I'm really worried how dell is handling this. I called dell about my concern about it is the same battery manufacturer but they told me it was a bad batch. After follow the issue in internet I don't think this is a bad batch, more and more people is reporting the same problem, and maybe the same happen to me after 10-15 months, which is the time that  takes to battery get swelled. I hope this ends well for those who are waiting for an answer yet. The truth is I was a loyal customer of dell, but after this I think there is not more choice to go with apple.

0 Kudos