RE: JBL subwoofer sound shuttering / fluttering
XPS 15 L502X laptop
where can I download its drivers
Hello. Dell does not support Windows 8.1 or 10 on the XPS L502x model and cautions that you might lose some functionality if you do run Win10. There is no Dell-provided audio driver for your laptop with Windows 10.
However you should be able to install the Realtek audio driver for Windows 8 with no problem.
If there is a problem, try to install the driver with Compatibility mode:
1. Download and save the audio driver to your desktop or any convenient location on the hard drive.
2. Double click on the new folder to extract (unzip) the driver files.
3. The extractor wizard will create a new folder for the driver files. It will be at "c:\dell\drivers\xxxxxx". Write down the exact location that the wizard creates.
4. If the driver begins to install automatically, halt (cancel) the installation.
5. Browse to the driver files on the hard drive (the location you wrote down).
6. Find the "setup.exe" file.
7. Right click on setup.exe to open the context menu.
8. Select the Properties.
9. Select the Compatibility tab.
10. Check the box "run this program in compatibility mode for Win8.
how to disable this JBL subwoofer
I don't know if there is a way on your model or not. In one of the other threads that you posted on today, one of the moderators had posted an earlier reply saying that there is no way to disable. You could look through the BIOS settings. At last resort you could physically disconnect the speaker.