SydneyL
1 Copper

Dell Inspiron 15, Webcam image green and pixelated

This is an example of what it does whenever I try to open it on literally any site that uses the webcam. It works just fine upon opening the camera itself, but sites like gifpal, rabb.it, ect. this is what I get. And I can't fix it. Refreshing doesn't work. Closing my browser and reopening it doesn't work. Restarting the computer itself doesn't work.

I'm at a loss, frankly.

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

RE: Dell Inspiron 15, Webcam image green and pixelated

Hi sydneyl,

Thanks for posting.

Does the camera react the same way using Skype or any other program?  Or is it just happening on websites?

Here is some information for troubleshooting the camera.

How to run the Dell PC Diagnostics for webcam issues

To perform a diagnostics on the webcam on your computer, refer to the Dell Knowledge base article How to use the Dell PC Diagnostics. Once on the Advanced tab, select Hardware and choose Camera, then click Run Diagnostics.
(When the diagnostic test closes without displaying the results, Contact Technical Support.)

Post back if you need additional assistance.  Thanks.

Regards,
Robert

Dell-Robert P
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, please send us the Dell service tag number via a private message
Would you like to be a Dell Community Rockstar?

0 Kudos
SydneyL
1 Copper

RE: Dell Inspiron 15, Webcam image green and pixelated

I'm unsure about Skype, but I've also now tried with Google Hangouts and tinychat as well. the diagnostics told me that everything was absolutely fine. So, basically. I have no idea any more.

0 Kudos