RE: dell studio 1555, charger does not seem to work
I’d suggest that you follow the steps mentioned below and check for issue resolution.
- Switch off the computer.
- Disconnect the AC adapter from the system.
- Remove the battery from the computer.
- Press and hold down the power button for 15 seconds.
- Then connect back all the peripherals and check for issue resolution.
In addition, I would suggest you to update the BIOS on the system. Please enter your service tag # on the link below, select the OS, then download the BIOS from BIOS section onto the system and install it.
Also, we will have to check the status of the adapter in BIOS; if the adapter is not detected properly the system will continue to receive power but will not charge the battery. Please follow the steps mentioned below to check if the adapter is detected properly.
- Start the computer by pressing the power button.
- Press the F2 key 2-3 times
you will now be on the BIOS screen.
- Under the Main Tab look for the option that says AC Adapter Type
If the Adapter Type says Unknown or None with the adapter plugged in.
- Reconnect the adapter to the machine and if the status now shows as Unknown then the AC Adapter needs to be replaced.
Also, I would suggest you to run a thorough test on the battery. You can download Support assist from the link below and run the PC CHECKUP on Battery to check for issues
Please let me know the findings.