HelpAnique
1 Copper

HELP

My computer was acting slow so i decided why not reset it to make it go faster i didnt care since i didnt have important flies on it, i started to reset it and it said it couldnt be reset for some reason, then i tried to reset it again nd it didnt work i decided to give up at that point, i shut my computer down and turned it back on and the dell logo showed up but that was all it didnt go to windows or anything, i shut it down again and same thing it showed the dell then went to a blank screen sometimes a dell suport thing would show up but that didnt help much at all, please help!

Ps: i forgot to mention earlier but i was getting some wierd error message plus it was being very slow.

0 Kudos
LSUFAN51
4 Ruthenium

RE: HELP

emoticon.BigSmile.title

Please run Dell F12 Preboot Diagnostics tool to check hardware on computer. Please follow steps below:

1. Turn off computer and disconnect all peripherals - printer, flash drive, external drive, etc....).

2. Power on system, quickly start tapping the F12 key continuously. In boot menu, stroll down to diagnostic and then click on it. After quick tests, click on hard drive and run Thorough Test mode. Report back any error code. Please click on link below:

Running Dell F12 Preboot Diagnostics - YouTube

0 Kudos
LSUFAN51
4 Ruthenium

By the way, please list Dell model number, and version of windows. Ex: Dell Inspiron 3543. windows 10

0 Kudos
HelpAnique
1 Copper

Inspiron 14-3452

Its windows 10

0 Kudos
HelpAnique
1 Copper

I didnt get any error messages...

0 Kudos
LSUFAN51
4 Ruthenium

I'd suggest you power on system. wait a few minutes, and then close the lid. Remove all peripherals, AC adapter and then remove battery(see image below). Press 'Power On' button for 15 seconds to release Status Flea Power. Replace battery, adapter, and then power on system. Hopefully computer starts normally.

LSUFAN51
4 Ruthenium

If the computer doesn't boot into windows but you're able to see a image like the one pictured below then I suggest you click on 'Advanced Repair Options'.

LSUFAN51
4 Ruthenium

Click on Advanced Options, and then System Restore.

0 Kudos
HelpAnique
1 Copper

I tried that and my computer still doesn't work

0 Kudos
LSUFAN51
4 Ruthenium

0 Kudos