Dell Inspiron 14z (5423) Switchable graphics, not switching.
I can't get the graphics to switch to use the AMD dedicated card when 3D applications are being run. This has been confirmed by disabling the AMD card in device manager and seeing no difference from when it's enabled. It's also been confirmed by using utilities like HWMonitor that show no activity on the AMD card when running demanding 3D apps. Both cards exist in device manager
What I've tried
- Installed the latest drivers from ATI, switchable graphics options are there but they don't switch
- Removed both drivers in safe mode and allowed Windows to install the default ones. Using this method shows not switchable graphics options and it never worked.
- Removed both drivers and installed the ATI driver from the Dell driver page (There's not one for Intel HD 4000). Switchable graphics option is there, but does not switch.
- I've checked that Catalyst is setup correctly with the correct performance and power plans, to no avail. I've even tried the options to force high performance and they don't work.
- I've tried solutions for my laptop and related hardware, to no avail:
Hardware & OS:
Dell Inspiron 14z (5423)
Intel HD 4000
AMD Radeon HD 7570M
Windows 10 Home 64-Bit
RE: Dell Inspiron 14z (5423) Switchable graphics, not switching.
Thank you for your message.
Were you able to use this feature earlier? Did this stop working after any particular update?
Update to the latest bios version from this link http://dell.to/2sWKYl3, update this even if you have the latest version. Restart the computer.
Download the graphic driver from this link http://dell.to/2sVgJvq & save to your desktop screen.
Download chipset driver from this link http://dell.to/2sWG5Zi & save to your desktop screen.
Open device manager- expand display adapter- right click on the ATI driver & click on uninstall (check the box that says delete driver) Do not restart the computer.
Install the graphic driver saved on your desktop (do not restart) followed by the chipset driver & restart the computer.
Try to force open the 3D application in high performance mode in Catalyst control center & check if it works.
Please click on my Dell username & send a private message with the service tag, registered name & email address.
Social Media Support
To help us troubleshoot, send us via a private message: Dell PC or Monitor Service Tag number
Out of Warranty Support
Would you like to be a Dell Community Rockstar?