amara98
1 Copper

Touch Screen has stopped working on Dell Inspiron 15R-5537

My touch screen on my Dell laptop has not been working for over a year. I cannot recall if there was a specific update/change which triggered the touch screen to stop working, however it has now been over a year and I have no idea why it isn't working. 

I have tried: 

1. Restarting laptop

2. Troubleshooting hardware and devices 

3. Disabling/enabling HID-Compliant Touch Screen driver (the driver only appears when I show hidden devices. I cannot enable it and  when I try to update it, it says it is already up to date). Also, when I click on properties for the driver , it says "Currently, this hardware device is not connected to the computer. (Code 45) To fix this problem, reconnect this hardware device to the computer."

4. Uninstalling/reinstalling HID-Compliant Touch Screen driver. This results in the driver being completely deleted and does not return when I restart the computer. 

I don't think I can do a restore as it stopped working so long ago, I wouldn't know what date to restore it to. 

Tablet PC Settings are also saying that "No pen or touch input is available for this display"

0 Kudos