Dell Latitude e6440 Displayport flicker e-Port replicator
I have a Dell Latitude e6440 (Intel+AMD video) with the newest BIOS A18 and the newest video drivers. It is connected to an ePort Replicator 0PKDGR. I have a Displayport cable connected between the ePort and an ACER 43" 4k UltraHD monitor at 3840x2160.
When I resume the Laptop from sleep/standby/hibernate, the screen flashes bars and sometimes completely turns off for a few seconds.
If I reboot, then everything is fine.
- Making sure the bios and drivers are all up to date.
- I had an unrelated issue about 2 months ago, and my motherboard and cooling fan were replaced. So I'm assuming the motherboard is newer/better if there was ever a fix for this issue, but not entirely sure. Since the Intel/AMD graphics are on the motherboard. They were replaced. The issues remained before and after.
- Tried turning off hibernate. Using only regular standby. Issue persists.
- Tried turning off standby and only using Hibernate. Same issue
- It seems to happen more when the system is being used more. Cooling fan runs more often.
- Tried a different Displayport cable
- Tried a different displayport connection on the EPort, DP1 vs DP2
Might be a coincidence, but I was just trying something and switched my monitor from Displayport 1.2 to 1.1. The resolution of the display went down to 2k. Then I switch back to DP 1.2 and the issue seems to have gone away. I'm going to try this next time it happens.
So...I've seen threads on this.. I believe I tried everything on the other threads. Is it worth calling in? Would they replace the Motherboard differently for a display issue vs a cooling issue?
Is it possible that there is an issue with the eDock?