baker0522
1 Nickel

Dell XPS 13 9360 - BIOS v. 2.4.2 breaks UEFI Network Stack Ability

After upgrading to version 2.4.2 of the BIOS for Dell XPS 13 9360, I can no longer PXE Boot...the UEFI Network Stack no longer shows IPV4/IPV6 options in the boot menu, or the BIOS settings.

I compared the BIOS setting for setting with another unit that has version 1.3.7 and they are identical.

I'm using a USB-C Ethernet adapter (DELL p/n 96NP5) and a USB-C Docking Dongle (DELL p/n DA200), and neither of them work with this BIOS revision.

There doesn't appear to be a supported downgrade path from this BIOS version either (I've attempted 2.3.1, 2.2.1 and 2.1.1 and even though I have the BIOS downgrade option set in the BIOS, these versions halt stating that it is unsupported.  So I'm not sure what to do to resolve this issue. 

I called support, but the agent was asking me a bunch of Windows driver questions....even though this is prior to booting into Windows so I'm unsure why that is relevant.  She eventually put me on hold and the call disconnected after 10 minutes.  I've contacted my enterprise salesperson who can hopefully put me in contact with someone higher up, but if anyone here on the forums has any suggestions, please let me know.

Thanks!

Tags (3)
0 Kudos