Facing ping spikes after updating some drivers
I updated my laptop's BIOS and network adapter drivers, and then my laptop seems to have an unstable connection to the router. I'm pretty sure the router working perfectly fine because all other devices connected to the same WIFI dont have similar problems.
I think the problem is on this laptop, because every time I ping my router, I can see ping spikes like this:
Well, here are the things I tried to fix the problem:
1. Roll back the network driver. -This didn't help.
2. Disable wlan autoconfig. I saw this solution on youtube, and it failed. -Also didn't help.
3. Roll back BIOS from 1.2.3 to older versions. -Failed, it says version 1.2.3 is protected, cannot flash.
4. Do a system reset. -Failed, my laptop cannot do a system reset even though I successful did it once in January.
5. Do a fresh start. -Failed. Got the same result as performing a system reset, and there were some words like "Cannot do a system reset, no changes applied".
6. Plug a side WIFI adapter. I bought one from amazon. -Didn't help. Still having ping spikes.
So, I think I am in a terrible situation. What should I do to fix it?
Re: Facing ping spikes after updating some drivers
Thanks for posting. Apologies that you are having difficulties connecting to the internet.
Here is some information from the Dell knowledge base you may find helpful:
Social Media Support
To help us troubleshoot, please send us the Dell service tag number via a private message
Would you like to be a Dell Community Rockstar?