RE: Network Controller gives a explanation mark and Question mark in Device manager
Indeed I did follow the correct order.
Shows the following categories.
- Mouse, keyboard & input devices
- Serial ATA
- System Management
1. I started with the System Management;
2.Then I started with the 3 chipset drivers;
- Intel(R) Management Engine Components Installer Driver
- ST Microelectronics Free Fall Data Protection
- Intel Chipset Driver
3. Because there is no Security category, I skipped 3, and went to 4. Intel Matrix Storage Manager.
- Intel Rapid Storage Technology Driver and Management Console
This download doesn't work. Intel Rapid Storage Technology gives me the following error;
* The setup program ended permaturely because of the following error:
"This platform is not supported"
5. Audio drivers:
- IDT 92HD93 High-Definition Audio Driver (Success)
6. Video Driver -> Because this was not in the list, I went to 7. Network Interface card or ethernet drivers. There were no Network Interface Card or Ethernet drivers (Just Dell Wireless 1540 WiFi driver and a Dell Wireless Bluetooth Driver).
I skipped point 7 as well, and went to 8. Point 8 was also not on my list, so I went to point 9. Dell Quickset. There is an application category, but this shows only: "Dell Digital Delivery Application". So I skipped this one as well and went to point 10.
10. Wireless Network Drivers:
- Dell Wireless 1540/1550/1560 WiFi Driver (Network_Driver_P73MT_WN32_7.35.317.0_A02.EXE)
This goes download gives me an error: The update installer operation is unsuccessful.
!!Installation log is safed on my desktop!!
11. Bluetooth drivers:
- Dell Wireless 380/1550/1560 Bluetooth Driver. Installation successful.
Unfortunately, the problem remains. Any other tips?