Re: Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller
First, I would try uninstalling Smart-Byte (if installed).
If still trouble, uninstall all Dell Pre-Installed Ethernet Enhanced Driver suites and let Window-10 re-detect the card and let it load it's driver. You should probably connect by WiFi before doing this.
Finally, it might just be a Ethernet cabling problem. You can use Cat-5e if run is short, but for longer runs CAT-6 or better is preferred (since it's trying to negotiate a fast Gigabit 1000-speed connection). Verify all cables all the way back to Router. Ethernet Patch-cords can look fine, but actually be bad/flaky.
When using a Gigabit ethernet wire, be sure you are disconnected from WiFi Access-Point.
Registered Microsoft Partner and Apple Developer
- Like many of you, I can appreciate a good game-engine.
- I answer questions here, but I'm not a Dell employee.
- Consider giving posts you like a "thumbs-up"
- Posting models-numbers and software versions speeds trouble-shooting.
- Click "Accept as Solution" button on any post that answers your question best.