halpplzz
1 Copper

Inspiron 7559 how to change keyboard backlight colour

so recently I've seen people with a similar laptop to this and having a different keyboard colour. Has the exact same look and design as mine. And I wanted to know how to change it. I've tried fn+ right arrow key and fn + c but nothing happens. I'm tired of the plain white and wanted to know how to change it or even possibly customize the keyboard to add multi-coloured backlights. Apparently the Inspiron 5000 series is meant to be able to change the colour of the backlights but I have yet to figure it out.

0 Kudos
ejn63
4 Ruthenium

Re: Inspiron 7559 how to change keyboard backlight colour

With the current models (yours is a couple of cycles old) there are options for keyboard colors -- with yours, there is not.  You'd have to find out if it's possible to fit a keyboard from a newer system (and even if it is, there's no guarantee the mainboard will support the color change, since your system never shipped with that option).

halpplzz
1 Copper

hmm ok so what models do have this option? Don't want to waste money on something that might not even work 

0 Kudos
halpplzz
1 Copper

I found this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cf4XAvCSTcU and was wondering if you knew how to do this as they never specified in the description or comments

0 Kudos
ejn63
4 Ruthenium

Looks like someone wired an LED ribbon under the keyboard.

0 Kudos