Rhodney DC
1 Nickel

Inspiron 7559 Battery Charging indicator Led not working.

After recently updating BIOS and Drivers, I've noticed that the charging indicator doesn't work anymore.

I've restarted the Laptop several times, with and without the charger plugged in, to no avail. I've even drained the battery completely hoping that would solve the problem, but the indicator light still refuses to come on.

I've never dropped the laptop nor have I ever not taken proper care of it. Hopefully, this is a software and not a hardware problem.

What should I do?

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

Re: Inspiron 7559 Battery Charging indicator Led not working.

Does the system power up and does the battery charge normally?

Does the system correctly recognize the AC adapter (F2 at powerup to check)?

Does the LED on the adapter itself (or the DC plug) come on?  If it does, does it stay on when you connect the system?

0 Kudos
Rhodney DC
1 Nickel

The led on the charger and the charger itself works perfectly. The laptop does recognise when it is charging, it's indicated on the toolbar and the laptop works just fine.

Occasionally gets a bit warm even when doing basic tasks like surfing the web. Sometimes I wonder if the dual fan cooling system actually works.

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

Sounds like the charging LED failed - uncommon, but it can happen.  You'll need to check the service manual, but even if the LED isn't part of the mainboard, it's probably part of the case -- meaning that significant disassembly is needed to replace the part - if in fact the LED can be separately replaced (if it's soldered to the mainboard or part of the case, you'll need to replace an entire assembly to change just the LED).

0 Kudos
Rhodney DC
1 Nickel

If downgrading the BIOS doesn't work, I'll probably just let it be. Alright man, thanks ejn63

0 Kudos

Thank you for your message. I will be glad to look into this for you.

The battery indicator is part of the daughter board with LED & FCC cable & is available separately.

For my reference, please click on the message tab next to your avatar– click “New Message” & search for my Dell username (Dell-Sreejith R) & send a private message with the service tag, registered name & email address.

Dell-SreejithRamesh
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, send us via a private message: Dell PC or Monitor Service Tag number
Out of Warranty Support
Would you like to be a Dell Community Rockstar?

0 Kudos