ice20011
1 Copper

Dell G3 makes noises

I just got my Dell G3 3579 yesterday, and I decided to upgrade my ram. I opened the laptop up, and I realized the ram wasn't compatible so I put it back together. A few hours later I noticed that it was making a weird noise. It's quiet, and you really can't hear it. I can't really describe how it actually sounds like but to me it kinda sounds like grinding. I was being extra careful not to touch anything in the motherboard. I ran a quick test on the support page to see if there were any hardware issues but there wasn't any. The computer's performance is exceptional, and I think there's nothing wrong with it. I'm just curious if it's normal or not. 

I forgot to mention that I could hear the noise on the lower right side, near the vent thing on the edge of the laptop.

0 Kudos
JOcean
4 Ruthenium

Re: Dell G3 makes noises

Sounds like a fan issue of some kind. Have you opened the system back up to make sure that nothing is touching the fan? If the noise is that quiet, possibly you can wait and if it gets louder, contact tech support. One more thing, does the noise come and go or is it constant?

-Forum Member since 2016
-I do not work for Dell
-A user helping other users
-If you like an answer please click on thumbs up
-If a reply is a solution to your problem please click on Accept as Solution
Gaming on a home built ASUS B450-F Gaming with Ryzen 5 2600X
Real work on an Inspiron 15 5575
0 Kudos
ice20011
1 Copper

Re: Dell G3 makes noises

I was being really cautious when I opened it up. When I'm playing and the fans work, there isn't any noise (probably because the fans are louder than said noise). Maybe I just didn't screw it up properly? I don't have the right screw driver but I managed to unscrew it. 

0 Kudos