lion-o
1 Copper

Re: Latitude 7480 keyboard issue (mostly missed keys)

Any update on the Precision 5530? Still having abnormal keyboard typing issues (missed keys, etc) even with the latest BIOS release.

0 Kudos
Cantor dust
1 Nickel

I am extremely unhappy to report that there is a regression on this issue with the latest 1.6.0 BIOS update on Latitude 7490. Pressing multiple keys at the same time now triggers the same behaviour as it did with the original BIOS (pre-1.4, which seemed to fix it) - missed keystrokes and random characters inserted.The keyboard was invented many decades ago, why is this still an issue in 2018? It is so absurd that it makes me think that there is something much more sinister going on, like a sloppy keystroke logger in the Intel ME interfering with my typing. Is this the case, Dell?

If this issue is not permanently resolved ASAP, I will be returning the machine for a full refund.

0 Kudos
viswas
1 Copper

Do you have a similar fix for Dell Vostro 14 3468?

0 Kudos
MarkFethAK
1 Copper

I don't know if this thread is still being monitored. I have a fleet of 5289's, all are updated to BIOS 1.16.0, and several are still experiencing this issue. When connected to a dock (WD15) the issue goes away. I don't believe it's a hardware issue, as it seems to be intermittent (it went away briefly when I updated to 1.16.0). Hopefully this gets resolved, as we are currently receiving shipments of 7390's, and I truly don't want to have to deal with this on an ongoing basis. This is wasting a lot of time for an issue that Dell has been aware of for over a year.

0 Kudos
Adindu
1 Nickel

I have this exact issue in latitude 5490 and it is frustrating. have updated the driver but is issue still remained. What to do next?
0 Kudos