01-17-2019 09:11 AM
Latitude 5480 external displays using VGA and DisplayPort
- Machine is a Latitude 5480 with Intel HD Graphics 620 and a 1920*1080 built-in display
- HDMI, VGA and DisplayPort USB-C ports
- I am not using a dock
- I am using a standard USB-C to DisplayPort cable and a standard VGA cable
- Run a projector via VGA connection to display a clone of the main desktop
- Run a Dell external 22" monitor via DisplayPort via USB-C as an extended desktop
- Computer will only detect one of the displays at a time.
- Both cables work perfectly on their own
- Strangely, combinations of the other ports (VGA+HDMI, DP+HDMI) seems to allow for two or all three displays to function (with one cloned from the built-in display in the case of 3 displays).
Am I missing something? The manual appears to say nothing about the way ports work together.
Thanks in advance!