Iarampatta
1 Copper

Re: Dell PC Restore by Symantec

Tony,

Sorry for being a pain. I followed the intrsuctions to install wimfltr.inf in order to get the imagex to work. I originally couldn't find it but then I found it in the Tools section of the recovery partition. Anyway, I copied it to program files and installed it (well I think I did, I right-clicked and then clicked install) it seemed to do something. Can't be sure though) I then tried to complete the command prompt but I still get the message "''imagex' is not recognised as an internal or external command...etc". Also, what relevance does the AIK have for this procedure? Because for some reason I can't download from the microsoft website and probably microsoft has stopped any other websites from hosting it ie rapidshare, megaupload etc. This is one of the reasons why I just want to delete everything from my computer and start from scratch. Do I need the AIK in order to get the imagex to work? I just want to start over but it seems that everything is against this happening.

From everyone on this thread, thank you for being so clear and concise in your answers and I ask of you one more time to explain WHY THE HELL MY COMPUTER HATES ME?!?!?!

Neel

0 Kudos