Re: Windows Vista/Inspiron 1520 Factory Restore problem - stuck at 'Other User' Login Screen - Please help!
Back up data before performing PC restore/Operating system reinstallation.
Follow below steps to perform PC restore:
- Turn on the computer.
- As the computer starts, press <F8> on the keyboard until the Advanced Boot Options menu appears on the screen. Note: You must press <F8> before the Windows logo appears on the screen. If you press <F8> after the Windows logo appears on the screen, the Advanced Boot Options menu will not appear on the screen. If you do not see the Advanced Boot Options menu, restart the computer, and then repeat this step until you see the menu on the screen.
- Press the <Down Arrow> on the keyboard to select Repair Your Computer on the Advanced Boot Options menu, and then press <Enter>.
- Specify the language settings that you want, and then click Next.
- Log in as a user who has administrative credentials, and then click OK.
- Click Dell Factory Image Restore.
- In the Dell Factory Image Restore window, click Next.
- Click to select the Yes, reformat hard drive and restore system software to factory condition check box.
- Click Next. The computer is restored to the default factory configuration.
- When the restore operation is completed, click Finish to restart the computer.
- The software is now installed as it was when the computer was first received.
For more information refer PC restore.
If the issue persists, Operating system reinstallation is the option.
Kindly select the operating system from the above link.
Please reply if you have any further questions.