Re: HDD Crashed - no recovery media.
In case you want to restore the computer to the factory installed state, follow the steps given below:
Restart the system and press the F8 key at the Dell logo every 2 seconds. On the ‘Advanced boot Options’ use down arrow key and select ‘Repair computer’.
- Select the keyboard method’ that is the country you belong to and click ‘Next’.
- Enter User name and password.
- In the ‘System Recovery Options’ click on ‘Dell Data safe Restore and Emergency Backup’
- Select ‘Restore computer and preserve my new files or change files (recommended)’.
- Click ‘Next’ to begin scanning your computer for changed files.
- Next follow the onscreen instruction by clicking on ‘Next’ button.
- When the restore operation is completed, click Finish to restart the computer.
The software is now installed as it was when the computer was first received.
Also go through this link for further assistance:
Revert for further queries.