themeanroad
Copper

RE: Dell Venue 11 Pro 7130 Won't Power On/Has Blank Screen

Dear taritac,

I'm sorry to see that no one has responded to you, let alone made any useful suggestions.
I've joined this community after seeing your posts. My Venue 11 Pro 7130 has run into, from the sound of it, the same problems you have described.

I've been using it for more than a year now after purchasing it as a refurbished device. I had many issues in the first half year of use including unprompted freezing and power-offs that rendered the device unusable for more than a month. I was thankfully able to fix these issues after spending hours and hours looking through the many complaint threads on this site and others. In the wake of that triumph though, new travails. I discovered that perturbing the tablet while it was seated on its mobile keyboard could cause immediate shutdown. I also had to replace my power adapter not once but twice, as it seemed to be failing. These replacements were free for me because my tablet was still under its 1 year warranty. But, alas, last month -- my warranty having expired a few weeks earlier -- my 7130 called it quits again in a most expedient manner.

If I try to power on the device by holding <Power> for a few seconds (with a confirmatory vibration), the screen displays no signs of life; touching the Windows logo still yields haptic feedback, and I can hear the fans spinning up, feel heat from the device, hear "disc sounds", etc. No activity from the screen.

I have held <Power> for 20 seconds and then only a few – nothing. I have held <Power> for 10 seconds, released, and held for 10 more – nothing. These are both solutions that are floating around these forums [1]. I have repeated these processes with the tablet plugged in, unplugged, mounted on keyboard but unplugged, and mounted on keyboard and plugged in. Nothing.

I have removed the main battery, held <Power> for 10 seconds to discharge completely, plugged in, powered on, and “hot inserted” the battery. Nothing.

<Volume+> + <Power> gives a vibration and a repeating sequence of four orange flashes from the LED, but no screen activity. <Volume-> + <Power> gives a vibration only, and no screen activity. It seems I cannot boot into BIOS. I have even opened up the tablet, disconnected and reconnected the CMOS battery, charged, powered on [3] . . . Nothing!

I’m at a complete loss, and I’m disheartened to hear that you’re being quoted such high prices for even the faintest hope of a fix.

Please, if Brian B. or anyone else one these pages has a helpful suggestion, could you point us in the right direction?

[1]   en.community.dell.com/.../19542134

[2]   en.community.dell.com/.../19542134

[3]   en.community.dell.com/.../19635406