My S2715H is about a month old. I recently did a clean re-install of windows 10 and I noticed a device manager error (yellow road sign "error 43") which I found to be the USB port my webcam was plugged into on the rear panel of the monitor.
All drivers up to date, as well as latest bios. The webcam had been working and detected before re-installing. When I first noticed it was now off, I unplugged and re-plugged and it turned on and made the "new device detected sound". I unplugged it to tie the cable back together and now it's back to not working again in either of the 2 rear ports. I re-installed the webcam drivers (it still works immediately in all other USB ports on my pc, I uninstalled and re-installed the Dell monitor drivers, and tried different driver versions, and even tried installing from the CD it came with as I did originally. I've followed the Dell troubleshoot steps, and tried other different devices in the 2 rear ports and still nothing. Windows troubleshoot detected the error, but windows update did not fix it. It is enabled in the dell on-screen utility also. I suppose I could just run the webcam to another USB, but I mainly would like to at least find out the issue with the monitor.
If anyone has this problem, please let me know what I may be missing- and I will be sad if I need to re-re-reinstall windows, or RMA just after my return window passed. Thanks very much!!
Solved! Go to Solution.
Purchased new from Dell or a reseller?
* Turn the computer and S2715H off
* Disconnect every cable from the S2715H (including power cable)
* Disconnect the other end of the S2715H USB 2.0 upstream cable from the computer
* Press and hold in the S2715H power button for 10 seconds
* Reconnect only one video cable to connect the S2715H to the computer
* Turn the computer and S2715H on
* Once into windows, reconnect the S2715H USB 2.0 upstream cable to the computer and then the S2715H. Windows should notate new hardware found
* Restart the computer
* Test the bottom/rear S2715H USB downstream ports with a USB mouse. If it works, then test with the camera
RE: S2715H USB Ports Stopped Working - Troubleshooting
Hi Chris, it turns out I never used an upstream cable in the first place when the webcam worked the first time, and why it ultimately stopped working. I added a new upstream cable and was recognized immediately. Everything looks good now. Thanks so much for your help!