Re: New G2410 Won't Power On After Being Powered Off for Some Time

I purchased a Dell desktop PC with a G2410 monitor for a friend and an extra G2410 monitor for myself at the same time. My friend reports that the same thing has happened to his G2410 (not powering back up after being switched off for a while). He's using the VGA connection not the DVI so the problem isn't specific to DVI use. He cured the problem by powering everything off and then on again.

0 Kudos
Milosch
1 Copper

Any update / solution from DELL for this issue?

I have a brand new G2410 that has exactly the same behaviour (not powering back up after being switched off for a while).

It is attached through its DVI port to Dell XPS 610i with NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT with Vista Ultimo, latest Windows updates, latest video driver and latest G2410 driver. But, judging from other postings, none of that seems to be very relevant for this particular issue.

The only way to resolve the problem when it occurs seems to be 1) disconnecting and reconnecting DVI cable, 2) sometimes also disconnecting and reconnecting the power cable, and 3) shutting down and restarting the PC.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
onehourlate
1 Copper

Not much to add, except to say that I got a G2410 a few months ago, and it suffers from the same issue.

Any ETA on a fix ?

This issue is very irritating...

Thanks

Blaise

0 Kudos

This might sound crazy but my solution was to use the Wizmo utility at www[dot]grc[dot]com and place a link on the desktop. When I want to switch the screen off I just double click the Wizmo link. When you want the screen back on just waggle the mouse. I don't touch the monitors power button. The only other solution other than switching everything off and back on again is to unplug both power and video (DVI or VGA) to the monitor and then re-plug them in without switching the PC off. Obviously this could be dangerous.

0 Kudos
Sean_Bar
1 Copper

Same problem, not work repeating same symptoms, just adding by bump to the post.

0 Kudos

On the UK Dell site in "Monitors & Monitor Accessories" the G2410 has mysteriously disappeared.

The ST2410 & U2410 monitors are still available.

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

Looks like this fizzled out with no resolution. I should have got back with my machine details (at the time Windows 7 x64 & ATi 4870 I think, and connected via a Aten 1782 KVM switch) but I purchased a new PC and found that I didn't have this problem with the new one. Maybe the fact it only affected some video cards is why more people didn't report this issue?

I'd still like to know if there was ever a fix or official solution though? I'm now in the process of selling my G2410 and have detailed the problem on my auction page (I don't want to misinform buyers), so it looks like this problem could end up with me forfeiting a bit of money. And if there is a fix (or explanation) I'd like to pass it on the next user of my G2410 in case they have this problem.

0 Kudos