adobepro
1 Nickel

Re: u2413 Is there any way to turn off RTC?

Thanks nokey and Telsa1856

nokey: I'm wondering, can't we do a firmware update via usb / softmccs to fix the overdrive? I find that having to ship a monitor to a repair facility to fix this issue is barbaric, prone to physical damage during shipping and handling (I assume you don't get your monitor back, but a refurb unit with the new firmware,) and a waste of time and money for everyone.

Telsa1856: Sure, as soon as I get it, I'll post the Rev #.

I know there are other issues with this monitor, but come on, this is basic. I find it hard to believe any 5 star reviews on Dell suggesting how good this monitor is when such a basic function of the monitor is piss poor. Scrolling a webpage should not look like this. My $100 viewsonic at work has better performance. I don't even have the monitor yet, but I'm making this claim based on the S2740L and what DELL-Chris M said: "All of the Uxx13 will have the same design. No, this design is not going to change. No, there will not be firmware to change this design." Once I get the monitor U2413 on Monday, you'll have my confirmation as well.

Wow, such a brash statement if you think about it:  "All of the Uxx13 will have the same design. No, this design is not going to change. No, there will not be firmware to change this design." We are paying customers. We give you money and we have certain expectations of the goods you sell to us. I'm a software engineer, and if I developed and sold software like this, I'd be out of business. I'm not trying to start a fight -- but listen, this isn't charity. For a $500 monitor, we do have certain expectations that basic functionality should work perfectly, or at least comparable to a $100 ViewSonic.

0 Kudos