Re: Inspiron 600M -ocassional boot problem
Please find below the installation instructions from the link I previously gave.
1. Double-click the new icon (labeled CZ125700.EXE) on the desktop.
2. The Self-Extracting window appears and prompts you to extract or unzip to C:\DELL\DRIVERS\CZ125700.EXE. Write down this path so the executable (Example - Setup.exe) file can be found later.
3. The Self-Extractor window appears.
4. Click OK.
5. After completing the file extraction, if the Self-Extractor window is still open, close it.
6. Click the Start button and then click Run.
7. Type C:\DELL\DRIVERS\CZ125700.EXE in the Open textbox and then click OK.
8. Follow the on-screen installation instructions.
Did you get to the on-screen installation instructions mentioned in step 8?
My Dell system
Inspiron 1520 purchased 5 Feb 2008
Windows Vista Home Premium SP2
Intel Core 2 Duo Processor T7250:2.0Ghz, 2MB cache, 800MHz FSB
4GB 667MHz Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM
NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 256MB dedicated graphics memory