Remote control of HTPC
I built an HTPC using a 3020 and would like to remote control it using my E6540.
The 3020 is using Windows 10, while the 6540 is at 7.
Can I use remote desktop to mirror the desktop?
If not what can I use?
I would like to control the 3020 while the screen is visible on the TV and in use.
So if I select a video to watch on remote desktop, it will display on the HTPC.
Thanks in advance for any advice.
Re: Remote control of HTPC
If you don't like Remote Desktop you can use UltraVNC.
You can even use TeamViewer in a pinch, but I hear they are cracking-down on (constant) free-use.
Click my name and see my HTPC pic :Smile:
Registered Microsoft Partner and Apple Developer
- Like many of you, I can appreciate a good game-engine.
- I answer questions here, but I'm not a Dell employee.
- Consider giving posts you like a "thumbs-up"
- Posting models-numbers and software versions speeds trouble-shooting.
- Click "Accept as Solution" button on any post that answers your question best.