M100e w/ M630 blades
I am new to DELL servers and have some questions the power requirements and power supply configuration for an M1000e enclosure w/ (16) M630 blades.
Infrastructure / Requirements:
- The data center uses Rittal racks with APC AP8853 PDU's
- I have redundant 230v (32A) single phase power whips per rack.
- I am constrained by policy not to exceed 80% of MAX power for one power whip, which equates to about 5700W per rack.
- I can either load balance or do an active/standby between the two power whips.
- I need to maximize the amount of gear in each rack, and would like to put two enclosures in a rack.
- Additional power whips per rack are not an option.
1) Does DELL have an online power calculator that will optimize power supply configuration and give me a printout or startup and sustained power usage to submit the facility manager?
2) What is the most efficient method to configure the power supplies in the enclosure?
3) Is there an advantage to using the 2700W over the 3000W power supplies in order to try to conserve power draw?