Re: Paper jam (077-104) on Dell 2130cn printer when Duplexer installed.
Testing the Duplex Option on the 2130cn Color Laser
How to Enter Customer Diagnostic Mode:
1. Turn the printer power OFF
2. While pressing both the up and down buttons, turn the printer power ON.
3. Release the buttons when “Diagnosing…” is displayed.
4. After the diagnosing cycle completes, the display should indicate “Customer Mode” and “IOT Diag”; press the Check button.
5. The display should indicate “IOT Diag” and “Digital Input”; press the down button.
6. The display should indicate “IOT Diag” and “Digital Output”; press the Check button.
7. The display should indicate “Digital Output” and “DO- 0 READY”
8. Press the down arrow to test DO-d; press the Check button. A motor sound should be heard near the top-left front corner area of the printer. Leave the test running.
9. Press down button to test DO-35; press the Check button. Observe the rollers where the paper exits the printer. They should be rotating in a direction that will pull paper inward. With both tests running, there should be no abnormal or grinding sounds.
10. Press the Cancel button to stop test DO-35
11. Press the Up arrow to back-up to test DO-d; press the Cancel button to stop the test.
12. Press the Down arrow to test DO-12; press the Check button. A motor sound should be heard near the center-left front area of the printer. There should be no abnormal or grinding sounds.
If any grinding sounds are heard with any of these tests, it is likely that the front cover is not COMPLETELY closed, or, the Duplex Unit was not installed correctly.
Hope this helps.
- CompTIA PDI+ Certified
- all dell shop
- internet connected via WildBlue satellite