Re: 1815dn Scanner lock switch is STUCK

0 Kudos
Sniderman
6 Indium

0 Kudos

Hi Sniderman,

Thank you for the images. It looks like a mechanical issue. There is no reason as to why the switch will be stuck except for mechanical failure. Following the dis-assembly instructions in the Service Manual we can dis-assemble the Scanning Unit and can check if the switch is broken. If the switch is found merely stuck mechanically it can be restored to its original state. However a broken switch will require parts replacement and the same applies to the stuck plastic tab. If you are comfortable dismantling the machine, probably the issue will be fixed. You can refer to the “5.7 Scanner Ass'y” section on page number “5-11” of the Service Manual for detailed instructions. Click here to view/download the Service Manual.

Dell-Zohaib R
0 Kudos
Sniderman
6 Indium

We had a representative from HP look at our printer when they were in servicing our other hardware. You failed to make it known that all switches have a small latch on the interior. All you have to do is use a small screwdriver and pull it down before attempting to pull it back into place...thats it.

Im sure glad i didnt follow your "advice" in disassembling our entire printer for something so simple. Thanks for the delayed support, we will be continuing our business relationship with other companies that have the ability to support both their own products better then "here is a service manual, good luck"

ChusAngela
1 Copper

RE: 1815dn Scanner lock switch is STUCK

Hi, my bookkeeper tried to clear a jam and accidentally pushed the lever locking the scanner.  I tried using a small flat head screw driver inserted above the blue lever to "pull" it down but nothing budged.  I'm afraid to use too much force.  Is there anyway you can show the size of the screw driver and how you did it?

I have had the 1600dn and now the 1800dn.  I love this printer and can't find replacement.  I don't want to give it up because it has never failed me.

Thanks.

AC

0 Kudos
hizaleus
1 Copper

Please explain what you mean by  pulling it down with a small screwdriver.  Where do I insert the screwdriver, in what direction do I insert the screwdriver and in what direction do you mean by "pull down"? The only thing I can get to is the slider on the top of the output area. 

0 Kudos
therescwpryor
1 Copper

Thank u for that information. I now have the scanner unlocked.Yippee!!!!!

But Im Still dealing with the constant beeping & says the front door is open & its not.

0 Kudos
massanu
1 Copper

Hi

I know this thraed is old but  I have the exact same issue.

I am fighting with this blue switch and I am unable to move it back to "unlock"

I tried with a screwdriver but even with force nothing happen

Could you maybe tell me how you did it ? I am really stuck with this one..

0 Kudos