Dozmary
1 Copper

I have lost Roxio Burn and can't get it back

I have a Studio 15 and recently, after uninstalling some free CD-writing software (which didn't work well), I found that Roxio Burn had gone. Naturally I tried System Restore but that didn't work, stating that it was unable to restore certain missing files. So I went to the Dell Downloads site and tried to download Roxio Burn but all I get is a SmartSource.MediaManager application. When I try that, I get the message "Cannot download the application. The application is missing cerrtain files".

I've also noticed, at startup, a message appears saying that a driver is incompatible and has been disabled. It's a pretty useless message since it doesn't say what the driver is. Does anyone know how to find out what it is so I can update it?

Any help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
RobinBredin
4 Ruthenium

Re: I have lost Roxio Burn and can't get it back

Hi, Dell should have supplied you with all the disc's for the software that came with the system. If not, then give dell support an ring where you are allowed 1 free copy of your software. If you are missing The OS reinstall and Drivers disc's, and you live in the US, then use this online form HERE for your OS.  

If my answer Was helpful?  Please let me know by clicking on the 'Did this answer your question' and clicking on the Yes button.  Thanks.

0 Kudos
Trishk123
1 Nickel

Hi,

That link for requesting Back up Disc didn't work. Any other suggestions for us living in UK.    I've had no luck ringing them or talking to their support team to get the proper Windows that came with my Dell or the Roxio Burn disc that should have come as well. 

thanks

Trish

0 Kudos
fireberd
6 Indium

If nothing else, you can download the free and poplular imgburn CD/DVD burning program.   Click Me

I am not a Dell Employee

Dell forum member since 2002

Dell Inspiron 15 - 5577 Laptop

Home Built Desktop PC with ASUS ROG Z170, i7 6700K CPU

Windows 10 64 bit Pro and Windows 10 Insider Program Beta Versions. SSD drives. Cakewalk by BandLab and Studio One 4.1 Recordng Studio Software.

Dell S2719dgf Monitor

Member of Nashville based R.O.P.E.

0 Kudos
Trishk123
1 Nickel

Thanks, I'll check it out.  Shames Dell's service isn't as good as their computers.

0 Kudos