Re: How to configure OME to communicate to iDRAC 7 over IPMI?
iDRAC 7 can be managed using WS-MAN, SNMP and IPMI protocols (in the order of preference). To discover a iDRAC 7 using IPMI protocol from OME, provide iDRAC credentials and enter the KG Key as "000000" in the discovery wizard. Make sure to turn off SNMP protocol.
Follow these steps to receive alerts in OME from iDRAC 7:
Enabling or Disabling Alerts in iDRAC 7
For sending an alert to configured destinations or to perform an event action, you must enable the global alerting option. This property overrides individual alerting or event actions that is set.
Using iDRAC 7 console:
To enable or disable generating alerts:
1) In iDRAC7 Web interface, go to Overview → Server → Alerts. The Alerts page is displayed.
2) Under Alerts section:–
Select Enable to enable alert generation or perform an event action.–
Select Disable to disable alert generation or disable an event action.
3) Click Apply to save the setting.
Configuring IP Alert Destinations
You can configure the IPv6 or IPv4 addresses to receive the IPMI alerts or SNMP traps.
Configuring IP Alert Destinations Using Web Interface
To configure IPv4 or IPv6 alert destination settings using Web interface:
1) Go to Overview → Server → Alerts → SNMP and E-mail Settings.
2) Select the State option to enable the IP address to receive the traps and enter the OME system IP address for IPV4. You can specify up to four IPv4.
3) Enter the iDRAC7 SNMP community string. For more information about the options, see the iDRAC7 Online Help.
NOTE: The Community String value indicates the community string to use in a Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) alert trap sent from iDRAC7. Make sure that the destination community string is the same as the iDRAC7 community string. The default value is Public.
4) To test whether the IP address is receiving the IPMI or SNMP traps, click Send under Test IPMI Trap and Test SNMP Trap respectively.
5) Click Apply. The alert destinations are configured.