RE: Dell XPS 8500 Windows 8 UEFI Installation Boot Loop "The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error."
I will suggest you to check the BIOS settings provided below to see if you have similar settings. If not you may try these settings and then install the operating system.
- Go to the BIOS screen by pressing F2 at the Dell logo 4-5 times.
- Navigate to ‘Advanced Tab’ and select ‘Onboard Device Configuration’.
- Set ‘SATA Mode’ to ‘AHCI’.
- Navigate to ‘Boot’ tab and set ‘Secure Boot’ to ‘Enable’ and ‘Load Legacy OPROM’ to ‘Disable’.
- Boot Mode should be set to ‘UEFI’.
- Save the settings and Exit from the BIOS.
Once the system restarts, Go to the ‘One Time Boot Menu’ by pressing F12 at the Dell logo 6-7 times.
Select the boot device under UEFI to boot.
Keep me posted with the results. I will be glad to assist you further.
To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region USA; India. For helpful Dell Support Videos, you may click Here.