mkestes
1 Copper

Cannot connect to server

Cannot connect to server

I just purchased my ipad, and I'm trying to get pocket cloud to work...I've followed all the instructions...my laptop connection is good...I've done the port forwarding thing...auto discovery all good on the ipad, set up manual connection for rdp, but every time I try and connect I get the cannot connect to server message..what am I doing wrong?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Chris-2015
3 Silver

RE: Cannot connect to server

What version of Windows are you running? Is your iPad connected to the same Wi-Fi access point as your PC?

-Chris
Wyse Technology

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
mkestes
1 Copper

Windows 7 and yes

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Chris-2015
3 Silver

You mentioned auto discovered as well as manual connections. Which one are you having a problem with?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
mkestes
1 Copper

I thought I needed to have both...auto discover was on but there were no controls or anything to navigate with so I thought I had to install a manual rdp...I'm thinking of sending back the iPad...I'm having too many problems doing this...the reason I needed the pocket cloud was because iPad doesn't support flash and java so I thought this would solve the problem

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Chris-2015
3 Silver

No, you do not need a manual connection if you already have automatic setup.

What do you mean the controls are missing?

-Chris

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
mkestes
1 Copper

Don't I need a rdp to access my files and such? When I am on the pocket cloud page that shows my auto discovery is on, how do I access my laptop? I will just delete the manual setup. I would buy the pocket cloud upgrade, but I want to make sure it works first

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Chris-2015
3 Silver

Your auto discovered connection is using RDP as long as you are connecting to a Windows 7 Pro or Windows 7 Ultimate PC. Windows 7 Home does not support RDP, only VNC.

-Chris

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
mkestes
1 Copper

Great...I have windows 7 Ultimate...after I delete the manual connection and I'm left with the auto discovered connection, what do I do? I'm looking at a screen that says auto discovered on and nothing else...what's my next step?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Chris-2015
3 Silver

You need to install the Windows Companion on your PC.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos