I am experiencing the same issues as the poster in this thread (Solved: XPS 13 9360 Sudden Shutdowns on Newly Replaced Battery - Dell Community) unfortunately the solution recommended does not solve my problem.
- I already tried to take out the battery and push the power button for 30 seconds, then insert the battery.
- I also removed the CMOS Battery and put it back in.
- It is not possible to reproduce the fault consistently
- Sometimes it runs fine on battery and sometimes it just shuts down without notice and won't restart until I connect to AC (although the battery still has power >80%)
- The battery is shown in bios and in dell power manager and according to the infos it is a dell battery
- The bios error message after the last shutdown was - ASF2 Force off
Anyone experienced the same issues after changing the battery? Appreciate the help.
Solved! Go to Solution.
Re: XPS 9360 Shut down on battery
I understood your concern and I extremely apologize for the inconvenience please initiate a private/direct message with us, and please enter the Service Tag / Express Service Code / Order Number in the text format for which you need assistance. we’d be glad to assist you.
Refer to the link to find the Service Tag: http://del.ly/6604HQkdC
Social Media Support
To help us troubleshoot, click our Dell-Cares name and send us a private message with your Dell PC or Monitor Service Tag number
If anybody finds this thread and is curios - it seems I fixed the problem by deactivating the intel turbo boost
and updating the thermal framework drivers (Treiber für das Intel Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework | Treiberdetails | Dell Österreich)
currently I have been running the notebook for three days without a random shutdown on battery.