Christophe14
2 Bronze

Re: XPS 13 9370 Ubuntu full disk encryption

Hi  @dell-mario l ,

I have got bad news.

I have unsuccessfully tested the proposed solution to recreate the Dell Recovery ISO file with the new dell-recovery deb (version 1.60 provided) during this weekend.

I have performed two attempts consisting of:

- reinstallation of Dell XPS Ubuntu factory image
- installation of new dell-recovery deb v1.60
- creation of the new Dell Recovery ISO file

The first attempt : I have created the ISO file from Dell Recovery application and after I have used Ubuntu Disk application to write the USB key.
Passphrase secret created was "eeeee" => Not recognized after new full disk encryption installation.

The second attempt : I have directly created the Dell Recovery Media USB key from Dell Recovery application.
Passphrase secret created was "rrrrr" => Still not recognized after new full disk encryption installation.

So, either the fix provided does not solve the issue, or Dell Recovery application is not injecting the changes into the new ISO file created.

Maybe I could provide you the new Dell Recovery Media ISO file created, so that you can test it.
Or you can provide me the new Dell Recovery Media ISO file including your fix, so that I can test it.
I am talking about the Dell Recovery Media ISO file and not the Dell XPS 13 Ubuntu factory image.

Thanking you in advance.

Kind regards.

0 Kudos