jdrogers
1 Copper

Re: XPS 13 9370 Ubuntu full disk encryption

dell-mario, thanks for you work on this. I am going to chime in with a couple of things. I know you won't have hardware until after the holiday, but if you see this and have any thoughts, I may have time to try some things.

christophe14: I don't think it has anything to do with french keyboard or installing from command line, as I see the same behavior.

Just to be sure we are all on the same page, this is what I have tried:

1. Download https://github.com/dell/dell-recovery/releases/download/1.60/dell-recovery_1.60_all.deb

2. sudo dpkg -i Downloads/dell-recover_1.60_all.deb

3. run the dell-recovery application, select build OS media

I have tried installing from the resulting flash drive, and it took be a bit to figure out that the option for encrypting is buried under an option where you select between using the whole disk or only the linux partition. When I choose the later, I see an option to use encryption. If I choose this, I can select a passwd, but after reboot, the passwd is not accepted as reported above.

dell-mario: I just checked and the resulting flash drive does NOT have dell-recover under debs or debs/main, so it appears that installing this on the OS before creating the recovery media does not cause it to be included in the recover media.

0 Kudos