Deland01
1 Nickel

Re: Celerra Uber NTP & NIS Errors

Think I found the issue, my networking is all screwed up. Ive been following this guide which isn't correct for the latest Uber simulator.

http://virtualgeek.typepad.com/virtual_geek/2008/08/celerra-virtual.html

I tried setting IP addresses on the vNICS after I connected them with the netconfig -d command but if I did ifconfig |more the only vNIC which would pick an IP up as vNIC1 (eth0), none of the other eth's would display an IP, even after configuring one. After a load of reading I worked out that its because eth1 onwards are like virtual interfaces. You assign the IP through Unisphere. Only eth0 which is the management interface gets an IP set on the celerra console.

So I downloaded the EMC Celerra Simulator Installation and Configuration Guide.pdf & Celerra UBER VSA Guide v1.pdf but not I have some more queries:

I figured out how to map an eth port to a cge port & then add it to Unisphere but the guide says the simulator will allow for up to 8 vNICS. So tried adding vNICS one by one & rebooting, these are then mapped to cge ports automaticall but this appears to mess the cge port order up eth2 & eth3 get mixed up for soem reason. So Itried adding all  the vNICS before I first powered the simulator on. I then ran through the initial stup wizard & checked the cge ordering. I got:

cge0eth1
cge1eth2
cge2eth3
cge3eth4
cge4eth5
cge5eth6

so this appears to work well, however I now see serious errors on server_3 asking me to check the database as there are issues & server_3 never gets past BOOT_Level_4

Does anyone know first of all how many physical NIC's are actually supported on the Uber VSA?

Secondly ho to check teh DB with the DBCHK command?

0 Kudos