This is the error:
Access is denied. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070005 (E_ACCESSDENIED)))
This means that the user configured to run the Hyper-V backups is not configured with all the required permissions.
- Create a Domain User for Hyper-V backups and recoveries. The account only needs login name and password.
- The Domain User account must be added to the these Active Directory Users and Computers Builtin security groups:
- Backup Operators
- Hyper-V Administrator
- Windows Authorization Access Group
- Remote Desktop Users
- Also add the Group Policy Creator Owners security group to the Domain User account
- On each cluster node, log in and perform steps to add the Domain User account to the local node’s
- Users group
- Administrators group
- Hyper-V Administrators group
- Provide access for cluster management to the Domain User account, using the Grant-ClusterAccess PowerShell command.
Please let me know if you need any further information.