pranav_pune
2 Iron

Getting error while masking/unmasking device on VMAX

Hello,

When I am trying to remove/add a volume to a Storage Group on VMAX I am getting following failure. Can some one let me know what is the issue here? I am using EMC ECOM to perform operations. I am not sure when this issue occurs. This is happening during both Masking and Unmasking of volume. Engnuity is VMAX20K   5876.

[(string)ErrorDescription := Masking group: Remove members - Device Masking Group at step Issuing StorDevGroupControl failed: C:ERROR_CLASS_SOFTWARE F:ERROR_FAMILY_FAILED R:1200034 L:2 C:ERROR_CLASS_SOFTWARE F:ERROR_FAMILY_FAILED R:1200034 Device not found in device group. : "StorDevGroupControl failed" : 2 : 28032 : "The specified device was not found"

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
KD8EWE
3 Argentium

Re: Getting error while masking/unmasking device on VMAX

What is the version of your Symcli??? instead of masking or unmasking.. please try to put it into Storage Group using SMC or Unisphere. or if you want to do it through command line.. Please give the version of symcli. if you are getting this error with SMC then what is the version of SMC??

0 Kudos
DBard1
1 Copper

Is the Storage Group already a member of a View?

Is this issue for a single specific device or all Devices?

Is this issue for a specific Storage Group or all Storage groups?

Did you query/view the Storage Group to confirm the device you're attempting to remove resides in that group?

With a little more information we can be more helpful to you.

If you're attempting to remove the dev via symaccess command, my gut feeling is that it's a syntax error. That's when I normally get that error. Incorrect dev ID is usually the culprit in my case. I have a habit of typing dyslexically.

Good Luck with your problem.

0 Kudos
Storage-Savvy
1 Copper

I hope you are not trying to issue command to TDATs. The masking and unmasking is being worked upon tdevs.

0 Kudos
pranav_pune
2 Iron

I got the issue resolved. We were performing masking operation multiple times on a lun in a quick succession due to a repeated entry of a device in device list. It is resolved. Thank you for the reply.

0 Kudos