Re: Re: Monster VMs performance 32vCPUs experience? beyond 16vCPUs drops?
Good news! Virtual beats physical on a monster Oracle machine!
Here the details from this week's test run before preparing for production
physical system to complete job: ~11h16
virtual system to complete job: ~10h21
The comparison isn't 1:1 as
- physical system are 2 AMD Opteron with a total of 24 cores
- virtual system is VMware vSphere 5.1 with 4x Intel e5-4650 with a total of 32 cores
However, the vSphere host had some smaller workloads still on it. For that the customer is happy with the results so far.
- For those tests we have chosen to P2V the original test system.
- The main key for the positive experience in this scenario is the VM memory reservation.
- Here a nice graph on the utilization CPU ready goes down as CPU usage goes up with the run of the big data analytics job.