VNX Data Mover Clarifications
I have a couple of questions about Data Movers in a VNX NAS environment as i have some file servers that i might want to consolidate on a VNX. Those might seem random questions, but i need to understand them in order to decide on my next action plan:
- What is the maximum number of concurrent CIFS connections to a single data mover?
- What is the maximum number of concurrent NFS connections to a single data mover?
- When would i need to add another data mover? Is it when:
- I reach the capacity limit of my data mover?
- I reach my max number of concurrent connections to a single data mover?
- If i deploy CIFS/NFS for "file shares" only (not applications like VMware or oracle), what is the typical workload profile? Sequential, Large Block, Small block..etc?