Avi3
3 Silver

Re: Renaming RP CG's in XMS

Hi Keith,

I could not find any change done in 4.0.2 release vis-a-vis Consistency Group permissions. In any case, the general recommendation is that the CG created by RecoverPoint should not be managed on the XtremIO side by the end user. The CG is created by the user 'rp_user' and in general other users are not allowed to manage it (and the same thing for the snapshots created by RecoverPoint). If you want to manage the volumes in a CG, you should create another CG using a regular user in XtremIO and then work with that CG through the user that created that CG. Note that a volume can be a part of up to four CGs.

If you were able to change the CG name earlier, were you using the 'rp_user' or something else on the RecoverPoint side?

Hope this helps.

0 Kudos
echolaughmk
3 Silver

OK...so this is the opposite of your initial answer that I asked a while back when I was able to change it. I suggest to update the documentation with whatever answer is correct so that end users are not confused.

In the past, I was able to rename it with the admin account in the XtremIO GUI. I would also suggest an enhancement to allow end users to change this to make it something intuitive. I'm OK with not having the ability to manage the snapshots created by RP as that makes sense.

Thanks for the feedback and clarification.

0 Kudos
Avi3
3 Silver

Apologies for the confusion. I will clarify with the documentation folks.

0 Kudos