ttgpcs's Posts

ttgpcs's Posts

You can also see my replies on en.community.dell.com/.../20287502.aspx
I have found this to be common with several brands of laptop, especially with the cheap Chinese adapters sold on Ebay. You can either use a USB mouse or try adapters till you find one that works. If ... See more...
I have found this to be common with several brands of laptop, especially with the cheap Chinese adapters sold on Ebay. You can either use a USB mouse or try adapters till you find one that works. If the adapter came with the laptop, demand a new adapter from Dell. If buying another, try to get a genuine adapter made for that particular model. You may fix it by earthing some external component of the motherboard. For example, touching the serial port with one hand may earth it sufficiently for the touchpad to work but this is impractical. The problem lies with the design of the adapter. I recently had an Inspiron which had this problem with the PA-10 adapters sold on Ebay; correct voltage and current and even listed as suitable for this model. Only the correct model specified by Dell for this model laptop worked.
Further to my previous post, I was using a 90W adapter of the PA-10 family (3rd party) which has the correct output and fits most Dell laptops. In fact it is being sold on Ebay for the Vostro 3750. T... See more...
Further to my previous post, I was using a 90W adapter of the PA-10 family (3rd party) which has the correct output and fits most Dell laptops. In fact it is being sold on Ebay for the Vostro 3750. Tried a genuine PA-10 with the same result. In amongst my box of adapters collected over the years I found a 130W adapter of the PA-4E family which looks more modern. I noticed that 130W adapters were being sold for the 3750 so I gave it a try. Guess what - the touchpad works perfectly. So it looks like the adapter model is critical for the correct operation of this notebook. Cheap alternatives, while giving the correct output, just don't allow the notebook to work correctly.
Having the same problem but only with the AC adapter present. Have had this problem with many other laptops of various brands but only with 3rd party adapters. In this case with the Dell Vostro 3750 ... See more...
Having the same problem but only with the AC adapter present. Have had this problem with many other laptops of various brands but only with 3rd party adapters. In this case with the Dell Vostro 3750 it is a 3rd party adapter. The originals caused no problems but the cheap replacements made the touchpad unusable. Seems nobody has a good explanation but it has to do with electrostatic buildup. Touch something on the notebook such as the network or usb port and the touchpad will work with some notebooks but not with my Dell Vostro. The only solution is try different adapters (get an original if you can) or use an external mouse.
Been looking for one of these for over a month. Must have checked every SATA HD connector on the net. Not much luck with Dell. Placed an order but can't get a responsse from Dell as to whether it's b... See more...
Been looking for one of these for over a month. Must have checked every SATA HD connector on the net. Not much luck with Dell. Placed an order but can't get a responsse from Dell as to whether it's being processed. Found out that they call it a bridge and the part no. is C49RW. These are readily available on the net; not cheap but it helps to know what you are looking for
Cheers