nyrnd's Posts

nyrnd's Posts

Thank you. You answered my question 100%
I had an ATI Radeon X600 with my XPS 400 Windows Vista 32bit system.  I have had numerous stability issues and ran a program to see the problems over the last year and it was almost always the Video ... See more...
I had an ATI Radeon X600 with my XPS 400 Windows Vista 32bit system.  I have had numerous stability issues and ran a program to see the problems over the last year and it was almost always the Video Card.  I purchased, from Dell, a n EVGA GeForce 9400 PCI express and installed.  My question is: The new EVGA card has a fan on it, the old ATI card just had a heat sink.  So there were no power connections to the old card as a result.  Is there anything special I should have done power wise to the new card?  I did not see any connections at in the tower to use but I am not an expert by any means. 
I bought my Studio XPS in July with Vista 64 bit.  The card reader worke fine.  I upgraded to Windows 7 and now when I put in a card nothing happens.  Devices show an "unknown device".  The USB port ... See more...
I bought my Studio XPS in July with Vista 64 bit.  The card reader worke fine.  I upgraded to Windows 7 and now when I put in a card nothing happens.  Devices show an "unknown device".  The USB port on the right side of the reader works.  The card reader is on the top of the tower.  Tech support installed every driver they could find for it but to no avail.  A technician arrived today and installed a new reader with exactly the same problem.  My slight computer knowledge says I either need to know the exact driver to use, or there is a problem with compatibility with Windows 7 and I need to know when that will be solved.  Our best guess on the manufacturer is Dell, only because the Dell name is stamped into the part and there is a Dell part number and not other markings we can find.  Help would be appreciated.
I have the same problem and same experience.  I worked with Dell on the phone twice for about 4 hours total with nothing to show for it.  They tried every driver they could find but no help.  A Dell ... See more...
I have the same problem and same experience.  I worked with Dell on the phone twice for about 4 hours total with nothing to show for it.  They tried every driver they could find but no help.  A Dell technician came by today with a new reader but the same problem.  The USB works but no cards are read and it shows as an "unknown device".  My theory is that it worked prior to Windows 7 but has not worked since updating Vista to Windows  7(6 bit).    In any event, there appears to be no help and Dell seems unable to decide what driver to use.
High Demand!   People have been registering for 3 months for this upgrade.  You had to know the number of people that registered, so don't use the high demand stuff.  Now the people that forgot to re... See more...
High Demand!   People have been registering for 3 months for this upgrade.  You had to know the number of people that registered, so don't use the high demand stuff.  Now the people that forgot to register and are all now registering, well that is something you'll have to sort out, but don't penalize me who registered 3 months ago!  I have never received an email!  I did figure out I had to order it so I did on the 22nd.  My order status has not changed one bit since then.  I have my order number and everything.  I wonder how fast I would get a new PC if I ordered it with Windows 7?  I wonder if I would get emails, etc. along the way?  Yeah, I know the answer to that.  I hope you are taking care of your existing customers first when they order the upgrade before you ship a new computer out. 
Welcome to the Dell upgrade world.  Like you I received my PC, registered it for the upgrade and heard nothing.  I did find I had to "order" it.  I did order it on 10-22, since I never got the famous... See more...
Welcome to the Dell upgrade world.  Like you I received my PC, registered it for the upgrade and heard nothing.  I did find I had to "order" it.  I did order it on 10-22, since I never got the famous email promised by Dell.  Once I ordered it, the order status has never changed, it just says ordered.  I may try to use Chat today to see if I can get an answer.  Dell knew this was coming and is really poorly prepared.  Seems pretty simple and easy to me and also seems they would like to take care of existing customers but................
I registered in July when I received my PC for the upgrade and that went fine, no issues.  I waited for the infamous email which has not yet come, so I eventually figured out I need to order the upgr... See more...
I registered in July when I received my PC for the upgrade and that went fine, no issues.  I waited for the infamous email which has not yet come, so I eventually figured out I need to order the upgrade I registered for!!!!!!!!!!!  So I did that on the 22nd with very very slow site speed.  Now I have an order number and service tag on a form with no status.  I don't quite understand how Dell has had months to prepare for this and when it actually happens, it is poor communication and poor process execution.  What's going on Dell?  I bought my system in July because I was eligible for the upgrade and thought the pricing was competitive so I bought it. 
I have been getting an error message that Remote Access that because of an internal error it won't initialize, unspecified error, etc.  In any event, it won't open.  I (with the help of Dell Support)... See more...
I have been getting an error message that Remote Access that because of an internal error it won't initialize, unspecified error, etc.  In any event, it won't open.  I (with the help of Dell Support) uninstalled it and reinstalled it, yet no fix.  I looked at the Services and the Advanced Network Service is started.  Any help will be appreciated as this is a utility I would really like to keep using.
I have moved m 400XPS pc to a monitor that does not have a Vista Driver (1905FP) and keep getting a BSOD upon reboot with atikmag.sys showing up on it.  The system now seems sluggish also with errors... See more...
I have moved m 400XPS pc to a monitor that does not have a Vista Driver (1905FP) and keep getting a BSOD upon reboot with atikmag.sys showing up on it.  The system now seems sluggish also with errors from time to time.  Is there something I can do to fix it?  Should I go back to the Radeon X600 driver from January 2007 when Vista first came out?  Is there a atikmag.sys file somewhere I can get rid of?  Help.    
I have made changes on my hardware on several PC's and now have a Dell 1905FP hooked up to my Vista XPS 400.  I now get a BSOD that is either due to the video card or monitor.  The monitor I now find... See more...
I have made changes on my hardware on several PC's and now have a Dell 1905FP hooked up to my Vista XPS 400.  I now get a BSOD that is either due to the video card or monitor.  The monitor I now find does not have a Vista driver.  Is there a drive I don't know about or a workaround for this? 
The diagnostics ran just as you said and confirmed it was a problem with the speakers.  Thank you.
Inspiron E1505 running XP Home Edition. I spilled some water on the laptop and it went down where the speakers are in the front of the laptop and other places.  I shut down the unit and cleaned u... See more...
Inspiron E1505 running XP Home Edition. I spilled some water on the laptop and it went down where the speakers are in the front of the laptop and other places.  I shut down the unit and cleaned up as much water as possible.  Then made the mistake of turning the unit on to see if it worked.  It did.  However I noticed two small pops from the speakers during boot up and then after a short period of time the area surrounding the speakers got very hot.  Of course I shut it down at that point and did what I was supposed to for a spill.  Everything works fine but the speakers. There is sound coming from them at a very suppressed rate.  Though I have at the highest volume it sounds like it is at about 20%.  The headphones work fine which indicates the sound card is ok.  Is there anything else I can do short of replacing the speakers to try and repair (i.e. uninstall, reinstall, etc.)?  
Thank you.  I did try several ways and several times.  Finally using chat the problem is resolved.  Seems they needed to make registry changes on a rather new laptop with Vista.
Thank you for the reply.  Yes, I did download from the Dell site.  Unfortunately it did not work. 
I have a new Toshiba Laptop with Windows Vista Basic on it.  I have set up a network and can share files easily but nothing on the 922 printer.  I cannot download the Vista Drivers.  When the driv... See more...
I have a new Toshiba Laptop with Windows Vista Basic on it.  I have set up a network and can share files easily but nothing on the 922 printer.  I cannot download the Vista Drivers.  When the drivers download it seems fine then all of a sudden I get a message that the printer driver did not download and it was interrupted by the user.    I am able to get the scanner working from it and the software looks correct but then I get a message when I try to print that it is not communicating.  This is directly connecting the Toshiba to the 922.   I normally have the AIO connected to my Dell Dimension desktop with XP home but have thee same problem there.  When I get to the point of downloading drivers, I can't get the Vista drivers on the Toshiba.  This is now 3 weeks ongoing.  Help please.
I have been trying for weeks to get print sharing to work.  Finally I installed Network Magic and can finally see the printer on both PC's but still cannot print from the remote PC.  Here are the ... See more...
I have been trying for weeks to get print sharing to work.  Finally I installed Network Magic and can finally see the printer on both PC's but still cannot print from the remote PC.  Here are the facts: PC1 is a Dell Dimension Desktop with XP Home Edition SP2. Printer is an AIO 922 connected to PC1. PC2 is a Toshiba Laptop with Windows Vista Basic. PC2 appears to be looking for a driver and cannot find it.  I downloaded the Vista Printer Software from Dell site to PC2 but that did not seem to work.  PC2 sees the printer, tries to connect and tries to download drivers. Is there something else I should do?  Should I download Vista drivers again to PC2?  Can the 922 actually be networked?     
I have an Inspiron 4100 with XP Home.  I use it as a third PC so would like to keep it.  It recently stopped booting up.  I get a message that it cannot find the hard drive and there is no bootabl... See more...
I have an Inspiron 4100 with XP Home.  I use it as a third PC so would like to keep it.  It recently stopped booting up.  I get a message that it cannot find the hard drive and there is no bootable device.  After leaving it alone from time to time it will boot into windows but any restart, etc. it again "loses" the hard drive.  I am assuming the hard drive is dying or in fact dead.  I did get all the data off it during one of its successful boots.  Question #1 is:  based on the above data, is the hard drive dead?   Assuming the answer to #1 is that it is dead.  I cannot find a hard drive replacement on the Dell site, but see drives on E*Bay from what appear to be reputable sellers for about $40.  If I buy one of these, Question #2 :is there any way at all to install it if I no longer have the recovery disks that came with the Inspiron?    Thank you      
I have a broken power pin so I decided to replace the motherboard.  I used the Dell Manuals online to disassemble the laptop and it is done.  It was not very difficult to this point, though I will... See more...
I have a broken power pin so I decided to replace the motherboard.  I used the Dell Manuals online to disassemble the laptop and it is done.  It was not very difficult to this point, though I will need to put it back together. Now I am going to purchase the board on E*Bay.  However, I need to make sure I am purchasing the correct board (I think).  Is there a specific part number or reference I could use to make sure I am getting the correct board?   DP
I have an old Inspiron 4100 that my daughter has been using.  One of the 3 pins for the power plug has broken off.  Now it cannot run directly from the plug nor can it charge.  As a result it cann... See more...
I have an old Inspiron 4100 that my daughter has been using.  One of the 3 pins for the power plug has broken off.  Now it cannot run directly from the plug nor can it charge.  As a result it cannot be used.  I would rather not buy a new laptop at this time and see it is not very easy to resolve this problem.  I have found the replacement motherboard on ebay for a reasonable price and also the step by step instructions to dismantle on the Dell site.  I will try this. In the meantime, if I had a port replicator, would I be able to use that as both a battery charger and a power source, or am I still not able to get power using it.  I am somewhat confused by the replicator and thought someone may be able to help. As a matter of fact, may I add the design of the power connector on the motherboard for the 4100 is both flawed and easily breached.  It appears that it has been changed so that is good.
It worked.  Thank you.