skmerrow's Posts

skmerrow's Posts

I have a DVP8 that will not boot. Earlier today I ran Malwarebytes and deleted 7 issues it found which appeared to be random spyware. Now my tablet will not start. At first I was getting a message to... See more...
I have a DVP8 that will not boot. Earlier today I ran Malwarebytes and deleted 7 issues it found which appeared to be random spyware. Now my tablet will not start. At first I was getting a message to enter my bitlocker code which I did and then it attempted to repair and restore windows. I got an error code 0x4001001300001002 (which appears to be a hardware error). I didn't have the time to fuss with it so shut it down. Now I have the time bit I get a message that my pc needs to be repaired but it doesn't seem to want to repair itself or let me attempt it. I tried a hard reset (Power/windows key) and it will not go into recovery/restore mode. Now I get an error message oxc000000f and it notes I need to use the recovery tools or repair media. I have not backed this up nor do i have any repair media. How do I get this thing to power up into windows? I can boot into bios and am using 04.  The boot manager is the only boot option.  Seems bitlocker is the problem but I do not know how to fix it. 
I bought a DVP8 from the outlet and it was listed as having Office 2013.  My invoice also indicates this.  The tablet arrived and it has no key.  I called Dell and spoke with someone who said wait 5 ... See more...
I bought a DVP8 from the outlet and it was listed as having Office 2013.  My invoice also indicates this.  The tablet arrived and it has no key.  I called Dell and spoke with someone who said wait 5 days and see if it arrives.   Seriously Dell?  BTW I know some will say that DVP8 does not include office but there are units in the outlet that do no now include office.  I realize office is on the tablet but it is of no value without the activation key/code.  I should also mention 2 friends ordered at the same time and they have the sealed envelope with their code so yes it should be included.
At least you guys are getting it to work for you.  I have the latest rev A01 and this thing works for a minute and then goes to sleep.  if I unscrew it and take the battery out it and reinsert it the... See more...
At least you guys are getting it to work for you.  I have the latest rev A01 and this thing works for a minute and then goes to sleep.  if I unscrew it and take the battery out it and reinsert it then it works for a few minutes and then I need to repeat.  Battery reading is down to .92 so it is draining even though i have used it less than 3 hours. Not sure if I should return or wait for a firmware update. Come on Dell at least let us know if there is a problem or not.
I have the latest revision and it stinks A01.  It works for a bit and then almost as if it goes to sleep and I need to open remove battery, reinsert battery and it then works for a few minutes and th... See more...
I have the latest revision and it stinks A01.  It works for a bit and then almost as if it goes to sleep and I need to open remove battery, reinsert battery and it then works for a few minutes and then I need to repeat.  The battery mus be draining as it reads .92.  I have only used for an hour or so on 2 days and I think I will return it.  Odd thing is it is OOS everywhere, even Dell.  If it is such a great replacement why is it that it can't be found?
I am having similar problems.  See my post below.  At least you are able to draw lines and write.  I am not.  I have rev. A01.
OMG, I am having this exact same problem.  I am using the stylus and all of a sudden it stops working.  I unscrew it and remove battery, reinsert battery and all is good (for a few minutes).   Extrem... See more...
OMG, I am having this exact same problem.  I am using the stylus and all of a sudden it stops working.  I unscrew it and remove battery, reinsert battery and all is good (for a few minutes).   Extremely frustrating.  I have updated the panel firmware and all necessary updates.  Wish someone had a solution. It is as if the battery is a bit too short.  Once I hold the pen up so point of pen is not facing down it stops working.  Almost as if battery is not making contact.
I have the exact problem. Not sure if my latest version is defective or not.
Switch?  I too am wondering but I do not see a button at the end of the switch, in fact I don't have a switch.
I have a new XPS 15Z and am wondering why when I am on wifi and then plug into Lan I do not automatically switch to the faster access.  My old HP did it automatically but this does not. 
Any solution to this problem yet?  I have the same monitor and am experiencing the SAME problem.  I have revision A02.  I am using it with a HP 8710 laptop and docking station.  I have tried other ca... See more...
Any solution to this problem yet?  I have the same monitor and am experiencing the SAME problem.  I have revision A02.  I am using it with a HP 8710 laptop and docking station.  I have tried other cables and verified no cable is loose.  Others have noted it may be a timing issue.  I am wondering if we have a solution yet, Dell?  I expected more for my 400.00.
I also have a Dell 2408WFP monitor which flashes occasionally and goes to a black screen a couple times a day.  I have version A02 and getting somewhat annoyed as when it happens I think I am about t... See more...
I also have a Dell 2408WFP monitor which flashes occasionally and goes to a black screen a couple times a day.  I have version A02 and getting somewhat annoyed as when it happens I think I am about to loose all my work.   I am using this monitor attached to a HP laptop and docking station.  I use a DVI cable to go from docking station to monitor.  The laptop has a Nvidia Quadro FX1600M video card. When I go into system properties I noticed that under monitor I have 4 settings for default monitor and one for the 2408wfp.  Why do I have 4 other lsitings.  I knew I should have one for the laptop display but 4? The laptop does not appear to flash when not connected to the docking station/monitor.
Pretty much same problem for me.  I am able to view a DVD (movie) but can not record a data (photos) CDR.  Did you get a solution yet?
It did not disappear.  It is still there. 
The drive is a TSST-Corp DVD+RW TS L632D.  Why does roxio easy cd creator not work with it?????
Yes, it shows up and it plays Cd's.  Just will not burn them.
That is what I assumed also.  I do not have the laptop here right (gone to work already) now but the invoice lists this part number 313-3959 (8X DVD+/-RW Drive for Inspiron 6400E/E1505).  I can ge... See more...
That is what I assumed also.  I do not have the laptop here right (gone to work already) now but the invoice lists this part number 313-3959 (8X DVD+/-RW Drive for Inspiron 6400E/E1505).  I can get back to you tonight after 4-5 and tell you model #.  What ideas do you have in mind???
I have a Inspiron 6400 and am unable to burn a CD.  I opted for the DVD burner because I assumed it would be backward compatable and be able to burn a CD.  When I place a CD in the drive and use ... See more...
I have a Inspiron 6400 and am unable to burn a CD.  I opted for the DVD burner because I assumed it would be backward compatable and be able to burn a CD.  When I place a CD in the drive and use either Roxio Easy CD creator or the Sonic which came on the system it tells me there is no device available.  When I check the system (using the control panel) it shows it is there.  I can also play CD but not burn them.  Am I right in assuming this should work to burn a CD?  If not I am very angry that I purchased this unit. 
I have a Inspiron 6400 and am unable to burn a CD.  I opted for the DVD burner because I assumed it would be backward compatable and be able to burn a CD.  When I place a CD in the drive and use e... See more...
I have a Inspiron 6400 and am unable to burn a CD.  I opted for the DVD burner because I assumed it would be backward compatable and be able to burn a CD.  When I place a CD in the drive and use either Roxio Easy CD creator or the Sonic which came on the system it tells me there is no device available.  When I check the system (using the control panel) it shows it is there.  I can also play CD but not burn them.  Am I right in assuming this should work to burn a CD?  If not I am very angry that I purchased this unit. 
Possible malware.  I also got a message about msmsgs.exe which one is to assume has to do with windows messaging.  I have disabled this service in the control panel.  I also searched for msmsgs.ex... See more...
Possible malware.  I also got a message about msmsgs.exe which one is to assume has to do with windows messaging.  I have disabled this service in the control panel.  I also searched for msmsgs.exe and it is only found in c;\windows\system so I do not beleive it is spyware or a wirus.   I went into safe mode and it says the device is not working because no driver is installed .  What do I install.  I don't know what the device is so how do I install something.  It does not find the unknown device on its own.