waliser's Posts

waliser's Posts

Thank you, sadly it appears that I don't have the CD. Not sure if I never had one or if I have just missplaced/ lost the CD. Any chance of me getting the prog via download or so?   thanks Wal... See more...
Thank you, sadly it appears that I don't have the CD. Not sure if I never had one or if I have just missplaced/ lost the CD. Any chance of me getting the prog via download or so?   thanks Waliser
Hello, I had to reset my PC a few weeks ago and now tried to burn a DVD using Roxio as I was quite happy with it before the reset. However now I get the message: "The trial version of this produ... See more...
Hello, I had to reset my PC a few weeks ago and now tried to burn a DVD using Roxio as I was quite happy with it before the reset. However now I get the message: "The trial version of this product has expired". Does anybody know why this is and how I can fix it? I mean I have got my Dimension 520 for over a year now and never had any problems with Roxio so I guess that it has to do with the reset of the system.    I guess that the DE version is a slim line full version of Roxio and thus shouldn't run out. If so how can I tell my PC?   Thanks Waliser
Hello all, mt PC started messing about two nights ago telling me that it had to repair my drive. So rather than going into Windows it stayed in the DOS and went through my drive telling me that i... See more...
Hello all, mt PC started messing about two nights ago telling me that it had to repair my drive. So rather than going into Windows it stayed in the DOS and went through my drive telling me that it repaired errors. Since then my PC plays up. Plug and Play does not work and I cannot turn it on in the service option. When I press the windows button on my Keyboard, or go into the start menu, then it takes about 1 min to open up the start menu. In this time the whole system is idle!  It works a treat though when the Task manager is open. The print spooler won't start either. Other than that the PC runs ok.   I then ran AdAware and AVG in safe mode but nothing cam out of that. AVG just kept on writing locked file - which is normal in safe mode.   So I thought of installing SP1, but I may well be too stupid to do it. And seeing as I do have a lot of rubbish on my PC I thought I go to the extreme and format my main drive. However, I am not sure if I have a winbws CD/DVD. Looked through all my stuff and can't find it, and I seem to remember that I didn't get one and found it wierd at the time, but ignored it. What can I do to format my drive. Should I have a CD? I am running Vista Home Premium.   Thanks guys
Hello, I have two problems that I need help with. 1st: I got a new motherboard about a week agao as the old one was broken and now loading the PC takes significantly longer. It is slow just after... See more...
Hello, I have two problems that I need help with. 1st: I got a new motherboard about a week agao as the old one was broken and now loading the PC takes significantly longer. It is slow just after the few seconds where you can press F2 to enter the BIOS. I can see my drives on screen and then it takes abut 2 minutes to go to the next stage i.e. then Windows is starting. With the old motherboard the whole startup took about 30 seconds. Do I have to set something in the Bios to make it boot faster? 2nd: I installed a second HD and am not sure if I should still have RAID on in the BIOS. When the PC boots up I get a little table showing me both HD. Just above the table I have two lines saying "Raid Vloumes: none defined". The table intself lists both HD says a few things about them and then the last column is says under the heading "Statur/ type" Non-Riad  Disk. Does this mean that I should set the Raid to auto detect? I was close to doing it but then the BIOS came up with a warning sying that Windows may not start up. Any tips on my problems? Thank you Waliser PS: I have a Dimension E520 if that makes any difference. Message Edited by waliser on 02-20-2008 09:55 AM
Thank you, that was exactly what I was looking for. Thanks a lot Waliser
Hello, I don't know a lot about computers but want to add another Sata drive. I have bought one and have ordered a 1m Sata cable (right angle( similar to the one that is in my PC for the first HD... See more...
Hello, I don't know a lot about computers but want to add another Sata drive. I have bought one and have ordered a 1m Sata cable (right angle( similar to the one that is in my PC for the first HD. However, I am not quite sure where to plug the drive into on the motherboard. There is a sata connection next to the one my main HD uses but that one is taken up by the DVD drive. I can see a place that looks like another sata connection on the motherboard / can I used pluc the drive into that one or does the order matter of where they go? Thanks for the help. Waliser
it is working now. I knew that nothing was wrong with my Browser, cos their page actually came up with an error message saying that the page does not exist. Anyway, it works now, thanks for t... See more...
it is working now. I knew that nothing was wrong with my Browser, cos their page actually came up with an error message saying that the page does not exist. Anyway, it works now, thanks for the help.
Hi, can somebody tell me which models are affected buy the fault with the batteries? Have got an Inspiron Laptop, baught in June 2004. Dell has Links everywhere to the page www.dellbatteryprogram... See more...
Hi, can somebody tell me which models are affected buy the fault with the batteries? Have got an Inspiron Laptop, baught in June 2004. Dell has Links everywhere to the page www.dellbatteryprogram.com/ but it comes up with an error message. Also, how can I change the battery if it should be affected? Thank you ever so much Waliser Message Edited by waliser on 08-17-2006 04:38 AM
Thank you. May I ask how you know/ found out? Cheers
Hi, I cannot remember wether I can write a DVD or not and do not want to buy a pack and then realise that it was a waste of money. If I can infact write DVD's with the HL-DT-ST RW/DVD GCC-4241N wh... See more...
Hi, I cannot remember wether I can write a DVD or not and do not want to buy a pack and then realise that it was a waste of money. If I can infact write DVD's with the HL-DT-ST RW/DVD GCC-4241N which ones are they? + or - or both?? Thank you Waliser