volcano11's Posts

volcano11's Posts

Have you tried turning off the router and then turning it back on?  Steve
Try opening the Dell Utility and on the wireless networks tab, uncheck the box next to "Let this tool manage your wireless networks" Steve
You either need to look at your original system invoice or go to the following site, enter your Service Tag number and click on the Original System Configuration tab - http://support.dell.com/support... See more...
You either need to look at your original system invoice or go to the following site, enter your Service Tag number and click on the Original System Configuration tab - http://support.dell.com/support/topics/global.aspx/support/my_systems_info/details?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs  to determine which wireless adapter came with your system.  You can then go to the Dell download site, enter your Service Tag number and find the correct drivers for that device under Network. Steve
Any USB modem will work.  The one I linked was just an example. Steve
If you want help with a HijackThis log, you will have to post in the Malware Removal Forum - http://en.community.dell.com/forums/3521.aspx Be sure to read the message at the top of that forum BEFOR... See more...
If you want help with a HijackThis log, you will have to post in the Malware Removal Forum - http://en.community.dell.com/forums/3521.aspx Be sure to read the message at the top of that forum BEFORE you post there. Steve
First, make sure you have the latest drivers for whichever wireless network adapter is installed on that computer.  Then, make sure the power management settings on the wireless adapter are set to al... See more...
First, make sure you have the latest drivers for whichever wireless network adapter is installed on that computer.  Then, make sure the power management settings on the wireless adapter are set to always supply full power.  If you post back, it would be helpful to know exactly which wireless network adapter you have on that machine. Steve
First, you need to download all of the proper drivers from the Dell Support site and then copy them to removable media to install on your e1505.  You then must install the drivers in the corrrect ord... See more...
First, you need to download all of the proper drivers from the Dell Support site and then copy them to removable media to install on your e1505.  You then must install the drivers in the corrrect order.   The notebook system software first, the chipset drivers second, then all of the rest of the drivers - network adapter, wireless network adapter, modem, video adapter, audio, etc. Steve
Unfortunately, dial up is now considered ancient technology and the 1535 does not include a built in modem.  An external USB modem appears to be your only solution other than updating to cable or dsl... See more...
Unfortunately, dial up is now considered ancient technology and the 1535 does not include a built in modem.  An external USB modem appears to be your only solution other than updating to cable or dsl internet service.  Here's a USB modem that will work: http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/products/Modems/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=bsd&cs=04&sku=A2125442 Steve
Yes, you can connect to the internet from the desktop using the laptop's wireless adapter.  You would first need to purchase a special network cable called a cross-over cable.  Then connecting the et... See more...
Yes, you can connect to the internet from the desktop using the laptop's wireless adapter.  You would first need to purchase a special network cable called a cross-over cable.  Then connecting the ethernet ports on the two computers, you would have to enable Internet Connection Sharing on the wireless network of the laptop.   This may not be the best solution, however.  If the signal strength on the laptop is low to begin with and it is now sharing its internet connection with the desktop, you can expect slower performance on both.   A better solution would be to get a USB wireless adapter for the desktop.  Most come with a cable so you can move the actual adapter around somewhat to find a location that receives the best signal. Steve
To help troubleshoot this problem, go to Start > Run and type cmd then hit the enter key.  In the command prompt window that opens, type ipconfig /all then hit the Enter key.  Copy the output of that... See more...
To help troubleshoot this problem, go to Start > Run and type cmd then hit the enter key.  In the command prompt window that opens, type ipconfig /all then hit the Enter key.  Copy the output of that command to a reply to this message and we can go from there. Steve
If you did not initially install the drivers in the correct order, but now have the Notebook System Sofware and Chipset drivers installed, you can try going into Device Manager, uninstalling the wire... See more...
If you did not initially install the drivers in the correct order, but now have the Notebook System Sofware and Chipset drivers installed, you can try going into Device Manager, uninstalling the wireless network adapter, rebooting, then reinstalling the drivers for the wireless.  Sometimes this works, sometimes it doesn't.  If it doesn't, the easiest fix is to start all over, reformatting, reinstalling Windows, then installing the drivers in the correct order. Steve
Did you install the drivers in the correct order as previously suggested? Steve
Did you follow the link to all drivers for your system that I posted in my first reply to your message? Steve 11th attempt to post
Which version of Windows are you running?   All drivers can be downloaded from the following site" http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/driverslist.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=gen&ServiceTag=&SystemID=IN... See more...
Which version of Windows are you running?   All drivers can be downloaded from the following site" http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/driverslist.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=gen&ServiceTag=&SystemID=INS_PNT_P4_9200&os=WW1&osl=en&catid=&impid= Note that if you are running Windows XP, you must install the chipset drivers and the Notebook System Software before even attempting to install other device drivers. Steve 12th attempt to post
Which version of Windows?  What kind of internet connection are you trying to get - dialup, cable/dsl/, wireless?   It would be helpful if you provided the basic information necessary for us to help ... See more...
Which version of Windows?  What kind of internet connection are you trying to get - dialup, cable/dsl/, wireless?   It would be helpful if you provided the basic information necessary for us to help you. Steve 11th attempt to post
When it takes 11 or more attempts to post (= to about 40 minutes just to get one message posted), it is not conducive to me wasting my time here.  I tried tonight to see if the problem was fixed, but... See more...
When it takes 11 or more attempts to post (= to about 40 minutes just to get one message posted), it is not conducive to me wasting my time here.  I tried tonight to see if the problem was fixed, but obviously it is not.  I guess I'll go back to my boycott of this montrousity and go elsewhere.  Dell obviously does not value my contributions enough to fix the countless problems with these forums.  Best wishes. Steve
Does your router have encryption enabled?  If so, then you have to provide the Wii with the encryption protocol and encryption key.   Does your router have MAC address filtering (also called Access C... See more...
Does your router have encryption enabled?  If so, then you have to provide the Wii with the encryption protocol and encryption key.   Does your router have MAC address filtering (also called Access Control or something similar, depending on which router you have) enabled?  If so, you have to enter the MAC address of the Wii's wireless adapter into the table of allowed MAC addresses on the router. Steve 13th attempt to post
Add a USB 2.0 PCI add-in card. Steve 11th attempt to post
Are you aware that FAX is a telephone technology and requires a telephone line plugged into a modem?  Broadband is not based on the telephone, is internet only, and has nothing to do with FAX because... See more...
Are you aware that FAX is a telephone technology and requires a telephone line plugged into a modem?  Broadband is not based on the telephone, is internet only, and has nothing to do with FAX because FAX has nothing to do with the internet.  Do you still have a telephone line plugged into the FAX modem port on your computer?  (1oth attempt at posting this) Steve
All drivers for your system can be found at: http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/driverslist.aspx?os=WW1&osl=EN&catid=-1&impid=-1&servicetag=&SystemID=VOS_N_1400&hidos=WLH&hidlang=en&TabIndex... See more...
All drivers for your system can be found at: http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/driverslist.aspx?os=WW1&osl=EN&catid=-1&impid=-1&servicetag=&SystemID=VOS_N_1400&hidos=WLH&hidlang=en&TabIndex= Note that you will never get the wireless drivers to install if you did not install drivers in the correct order.  The Notebooks System Software and Chipset drivers MUST be installed first. Steve