stephen_holder's Posts

stephen_holder's Posts

This worked for me: convert d: /FS:NTFS The conversion took place at he next reboot and the Windows SBS Backup Wizard now works.
Hello, I have been reading about the difficulties running the Windows Server Backup Wizard on systems where there is an OEM Partition. The built-in Server Backup Wizard only seems to like NTFS Part... See more...
Hello, I have been reading about the difficulties running the Windows Server Backup Wizard on systems where there is an OEM Partition. The built-in Server Backup Wizard only seems to like NTFS Partitions. I purchased my T610 Server without an operating system and installed SBS 2008 using a retail license. However, I still have difficulties configuring the SBS Backup Wizard. I believe this is down to my having a 2GB "Fat 32" System Partition "D:" set as Active. My Operating System is installed on a seperate "Boot" Partition "C:" (obviously formatted NTFS). Can I resolve my problem simply by "Converting" the "FAT 32" System Partition to NTFS as follows: convert d: /FS:NTFS   Many thanks in advance, Stephen
The main problem I have with the i8kfan tool is that it seems to be set on a "per user" basis -at least as far as I can determine.   Since this is a "cummunal" laptop, I will have to set this wi... See more...
The main problem I have with the i8kfan tool is that it seems to be set on a "per user" basis -at least as far as I can determine.   Since this is a "cummunal" laptop, I will have to set this within each user profile.  
The fan noise on my brand new 1310 driving me around the twist. It's tortuous.   It's not noticeable when I'm in the office, but in a quieter environment, the noise of the fan (seemingly running... See more...
The fan noise on my brand new 1310 driving me around the twist. It's tortuous.   It's not noticeable when I'm in the office, but in a quieter environment, the noise of the fan (seemingly running at full speed) every minute or so is distracting and irritating.   Why doesn't it run more often at a more nominal speed?   Many thanks to the poster above for including a link to a third party application, but I would think this is something Dell ought to sort out via a BIOS update or something.   I have the latest BIOS, btw...    Thanks, Stephen   Message Edited by Studio_two on 09-14-2008 02:08 PM
Hi, The fan is not working in my Optiplex GX60. I have bought a replacement, but that does not work either. Presumably, there is a fault on the board and it is not supplying power properly.   I... See more...
Hi, The fan is not working in my Optiplex GX60. I have bought a replacement, but that does not work either. Presumably, there is a fault on the board and it is not supplying power properly.   I hit upon the idea of powering the 12v fan directly from the computer supply (via an adaptor lead), but the connector on the fan is not "standard" - so the lead does not fit.   Do I have any more options?   TIA, Stephen