lynne4270's Posts

lynne4270's Posts

They had to replace the motherboard on my computer because of a video problem. That went well, but for some reason they had to re-install Windows 10? After the tech was gone I started re-instilling... See more...
They had to replace the motherboard on my computer because of a video problem. That went well, but for some reason they had to re-install Windows 10? After the tech was gone I started re-instilling all the programs, pictures etc. I noticed rapid storage program was not there. Downloaded that, but the 16 gig of Optane memory doesn't appear there. I called Dell support and was informed the bios had to be set to raid before that will work, which means the computer won't boot into Windows and I have to re-install Windows and go through the whole process of installing and setting everything up Again!!  Is that really what has to be done or are they missing something? I like the Optane feature for it's speed, but don't want to spend hours doing the whole thing over again. Any information would be very much appreciated. Thanks  
Thanks Robert P. I read the articles which gave me some idea of the problem. When I go into bios, I can see all drives with the m.2 being 3rd in the boot order. I am sure that drive is causing ... See more...
Thanks Robert P. I read the articles which gave me some idea of the problem. When I go into bios, I can see all drives with the m.2 being 3rd in the boot order. I am sure that drive is causing the problem. When I cloned the original hard drive to the new Samsung SSD, I am not sure how that m.2 drives figures into it. Thinking about just removing that m.2 16gig drive and see what happens. I have a 3 year extended warranty so guess I should call Dell support before doing that. Thanks again.
When I try to make a recovery USB drive, I get an error message saying "We can't create a recovery drive on this PC. Some required files are missing". It has Windows 10 on the computer. When I firs... See more...
When I try to make a recovery USB drive, I get an error message saying "We can't create a recovery drive on this PC. Some required files are missing". It has Windows 10 on the computer. When I first got the computer last week, I cloned the platter type hard drive to a 250 GIG Samsung SSD for the C drive which it boots from. I added another 250 GIG SSD for storage. The computer came with the Optane 16 GIG M-2 SSD. From what I have read that just acts as cache with the platter type hard drive with is no longer there. I always make a recovery drive just in case. I emailed Dell support 2 days ago, but haven't received anything back from them. Any help would be much appreciated.
Had an Alienware Aurora R4 I gave to my Grandson, but would like to use the Tractx keyboard on my new XPS. I know it works because I am using it now, but is there any software that would work for c... See more...
Had an Alienware Aurora R4 I gave to my Grandson, but would like to use the Tractx keyboard on my new XPS. I know it works because I am using it now, but is there any software that would work for changing the LED  colors? It is just a very dark blue with no way to change that. Thank you.
Thanks ejn63. I appreciate the fast answer. Have a great 4th!
If this is a duplicate question, I apologize. I have an Alienware Aurora R4 computer that is having a lot of problems so ordered a new XPS 8920 computer. Would really like to keep using the Tact x ke... See more...
If this is a duplicate question, I apologize. I have an Alienware Aurora R4 computer that is having a lot of problems so ordered a new XPS 8920 computer. Would really like to keep using the Tact x keyboard on the new computer, but can find if that is even possible. Any advise would be very much appreciated. Thank you.
After a few calls to Alienware 3L tech support, taking pictures of the inside of the computer and sending them in. They say they will have to change the motherboard and MIO-board. I don't know h... See more...
After a few calls to Alienware 3L tech support, taking pictures of the inside of the computer and sending them in. They say they will have to change the motherboard and MIO-board. I don't know how they determined that. I looked very close at the motherboard and see nothing like bulged capacitors, burned streaks or any visible damage. Since they moved the tech support to Costa Rica it is excellent. The tech I spoke with really knew her job and spoke perfect English. When you are 79 years old and use hearing aids, that is a big bonus. She got into the system and changed the fan speed to normal so I can use the computer until the replace the motherboard next week.
I was wondering the same thing. It worked for 3 weeks before it died so can't see that something was hooked up wrong. I didn't think that was the manufactured date, but that's the only thing on ... See more...
I was wondering the same thing. It worked for 3 weeks before it died so can't see that something was hooked up wrong. I didn't think that was the manufactured date, but that's the only thing on the board that resembles a date. Just hope they get it figured out before next week as I have a bunch of wedding pictures to process with Adobe and can't do that on my laptop. Does it hurt the computer to run it with the fans going that fast? The noise is annoying, but could put up with it if necessary.
They gave the problem to 3rd level engineering who said the problem is not a software problem. They wanted me to take a picture of the board and email it to them. I sent them 5 at different angl... See more...
They gave the problem to 3rd level engineering who said the problem is not a software problem. They wanted me to take a picture of the board and email it to them. I sent them 5 at different angles just to make sure. They think something had been hooked up wrong causing the board to die after a time. That could happen if the first tech hooked it up wrong and the second one just followed his hookup. I did see the board was made in 1996. It says MS4194 Ver 1.1 if that means anything. Just have to wait and see what they come up with now. I have a laptop to use so not dead in the water, but but really need the Alienware ASAP
Thanks for that information. Every time they changed the  MIO-Board  they removed then reinstall the AW-CC program. In fact today the tech did it twice. Their 3rd level support isn't there on t... See more...
Thanks for that information. Every time they changed the  MIO-Board  they removed then reinstall the AW-CC program. In fact today the tech did it twice. Their 3rd level support isn't there on the weekends so they won't be getting back to me until tomorrow or Tuesday. My biggest concern is, if I should have to re-install Windows and that doesn't fix the problem, what next. The computer will be 5 years old in Oct and has served me well. I don't know how long the Alienware is good for. They had to change the liquid CPU unit 2 years ago, other than that the only problems have been fans. Will let you know how this comes out. Again, thanks for that information.
Aurora R4 and IO board failure. I have had 2 IO boards that had to be replaced because of the fans running very fast and won't go back to their normal speeds. Also command center shows no fan sp... See more...
Aurora R4 and IO board failure. I have had 2 IO boards that had to be replaced because of the fans running very fast and won't go back to their normal speeds. Also command center shows no fan speeds, temperatures or controls of the leds. Now the 3rd one since I have had the computer failed. I am still covered by warranty (Very glad I bit the bullet on that) My thought is there must be something else causing these to fail, or am I wrong. Alienware support is going to their 3rd level tier engineering to get an answer. They also mentioned I may have to format the hard drive and re-install Windows. I don't see the connection there. I really don't want to do that. I have a backup hard drive with all my pictures and documents on it so I wouldn't lose anything, but would be a big hassle on some of the 3rd party programs I have on the computer.  Any thoughts or suggestions would be very much appreciated. Thanks
Went from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 on my Venue Pro 8 tablet and now the Stylus won't work. Everything else works fine. Any suggestion would be appreciated. Thanks
Thank you for the reply. I was able to download and use Support Assist from Alienware. I ran the network tool. It passed the test with no trouble so definitely not the NIC. Thanks for the suggest... See more...
Thank you for the reply. I was able to download and use Support Assist from Alienware. I ran the network tool. It passed the test with no trouble so definitely not the NIC. Thanks for the suggestion on running a speedtest in the safe mode. I will do that. My Grand daughter is coming over tonight with her Asus laptop and will leave that over night and tomorrow morning so will see what the speedtest shows on that. In the meantime I will run a speed test in the safe mode. Thank you. 
Is it possible that a NIC can go bad but doesn't effect anything else on the computer?, beings it's part of the motherboard? Started having sporadic download speed problems about 3 weeks ago. Com... See more...
Is it possible that a NIC can go bad but doesn't effect anything else on the computer?, beings it's part of the motherboard? Started having sporadic download speed problems about 3 weeks ago. Comcast has checked everything on their end and says everything looks good. I have replaced the RG6 to the Comcast D mark, replaced patch cords to cat7 cords, tried a different modem and router. Good speeds are back after re-booting everything, but that only last about 12 hours and the trouble comes back. All signals look great. Running out of options so looking at the NIC. The upload speeds are always good, just the download is the problem. Thanks 
Sorry about that, I read your question wrong. When I first got the computer the temp of the CPU was between 30 and 40c at idle. Would go to between 60 and 65c playing FSX. When the Alienware tech... See more...
Sorry about that, I read your question wrong. When I first got the computer the temp of the CPU was between 30 and 40c at idle. Would go to between 60 and 65c playing FSX. When the Alienware tech got in the computer after I complained about the fan noise getting loud, he did some kind of stress test and said the temp went to 93.6c or just a little over 200f. After they replaced the liquid cooling system the temps went back to normal and actually a few degrees lower.
If you are referring to the times the techs were at my house, then yes. I can get those off of history in my Dell account. The techs that come out never left any hard copies or for that matter, m... See more...
If you are referring to the times the techs were at my house, then yes. I can get those off of history in my Dell account. The techs that come out never left any hard copies or for that matter, made me sign anything. If you are talking about the things I have done myself, then I have the receipts for out of pocket expense. Never kept track of time it took me to fix the problems.
I agree with what you are saying. I really like my R4, but I had trouble with it from day one in some form or another. First time I tried to start it, I got nothing but a cursor blinking in the u... See more...
I agree with what you are saying. I really like my R4, but I had trouble with it from day one in some form or another. First time I tried to start it, I got nothing but a cursor blinking in the upper left corner. That was on a Friday so couldn't get anyone out till the following Tuesday. Turns out it was trying to boot to a non-existent hard drive, so much for any QC and testing.. Two weeks later the graphics card had to be replaced. Then the DVD/CD drive went out. I didn't even call support on that, I just bought one a BB and replaced it myself. Then the door wouldn't come down on the front to expose the card reader etc. Again I didn't call and fixed that myself. All the fans except the ones on the motherboard have been replaced, it goes on and on. I had to have the liquid cooling system replaced because of the over heating and 4000 RPM fan thing. They did replace it with the new, what they call deluxe model cooler and radiator. Have a friend who bought his Grandson a Alienware Area 51 for a graduation gift and has had many problems with it. The thing that is really upsetting to me is, I bought a off the self computer before the R4 and used it for 3 years without a problem, Gave it to the neighbor who has been using it for 2 1/2 years and still no problems. It doesn't make sense to spend 5 times more for a computer and have nothing but problems with it.I have 5 more months of warranty on my computer and when something goes wrong after that (and I am sure it will) I will be buying another brand computer. Maybe my computer was one of those late Friday builds you hear about, but non the less, very disappointed in Alienware.
Tesla 1856, you helped me with this problem about a month ago so here is a update. I was able to see the system fan manually at first, that also went to zero and a fan started changing speeds and... See more...
Tesla 1856, you helped me with this problem about a month ago so here is a update. I was able to see the system fan manually at first, that also went to zero and a fan started changing speeds and noise levels. Called tech support, who got into my computer and was in there about an hour and 15 minutes, he or his supervisor couldn't figure it out so sent a tech to my house with a new MIO board ?? ( not sure if that's correct ) but its the board that controls all the fans as well as some other things. The tech also replaced all the fans that could be replaced, short of the fans on the motherboard. The weird fan noise was gone for a couple days, but now is back. I am sure it;s the fan right above the heatsink  that is attached to the motherboard. All the work he did never, did fix the zero reading on the system fan, it's now reads zero no matter if it's set to auto or manual. I have Goggled what to do next and what the problem may be and the closest thing I could find was a bad motherboard. That is getting a little scary as my warranty runs out on about 5 months. Any suggestions on what to do next would really be appreciated. Thank you 
Found the answer on the Samsung help forum. Just had to create a simple volume, allocate the size and give it a name. Works fine.
I just installed a new Samsung SSD that I want to use for storage on my Aurora R4. I installed the drive to a SATA  III port and the computer sees it and gives it a drive O label. The Samsung sof... See more...
I just installed a new Samsung SSD that I want to use for storage on my Aurora R4. I installed the drive to a SATA  III port and the computer sees it and gives it a drive O label. The Samsung software says it's good to go. That's where I get lost. When I go into disk management I see the O drive and it says 111.67gb Unallocated. By right clicking on the O label, it gives me 4 choices 1- New Spanned Volume. 2- New striped Volume. 3 -Convert to Dynamic Disk. 4 -Convert to MBR disk. Under Volumes it says Disk O, Type Basic, Status Online, Partition type Guid partition type Tablet (GPT), Capacity 114345 MB, Unallocated, 114345 MB, Reserved space 0. My main SSD is getting pretty full so I need to get some things transferred to that new SSD. I have never done this before so don't know how to set it up. Any help would be very much appreciated. Thank you.