Chris_Mixon's Posts

Chris_Mixon's Posts

my junk, Password Jumper <ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed from this post by Dell>
bobo12345, I do not see that on the motherboard. The only audio jack is the one for the front I/O panel.
vonshliken, PC Restore instructions
All, That information is not available to me.
jxstev4, Please contact me in a private conversation. I need the following - Name: Email Address: Shipping address: Phone number: Service tag number: Reason: Wireless Antenna Kit
Tcamil, Go into the bios and tell us what setting SATA is on.
lh, Power and Data Cable
All, Even though XP is not supported by Dell on this model, I would still like you to send me in a private message the links to the XP drivers you are using.
All, Please ease up on Larry. A broken PC is frustrating. Larry, Send me the service tag number in a private message so I can read through the call logs.
baxterose, Unplug the PC power cord from the rear of the PC. Wait 3 minutes. Plug it back in. Power the PC on. What happens? What color are the Power and Diagnostic Lights?
Casper187, There was no DELL contest to win a laptop. We are not going to give you a laptop because you clicked on a affiliate popup.
* Power the PC off * Disconnect the main power cord from the rear of the PC * Lay the PC on on the left side * Open the case cover * Use a phillips screwdriver and tighten by a 1/2 to 3/4 turn th... See more...
* Power the PC off * Disconnect the main power cord from the rear of the PC * Lay the PC on on the left side * Open the case cover * Use a phillips screwdriver and tighten by a 1/2 to 3/4 turn the H2C liquid cooling assembly screws (8) http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/xps730x/en/SM/cooling_.htm#wp1185253 * Replace the cover * Reconnect the main power cord to the rear of the PC * Stand the PC up * Power the PC on * Press F2 to enter the System Setup. Use the overclock settings below - CPU Configuration Screen XD Bit Capability = Enabled SpeedStep = Enabled C-STATE Tech = Enabled C State package Limit = C6 Frequency/Voltage Control Screen QPI Frequency = Auto Memory Ratio = Auto XMP Support = Disabled CPU Core (Non-turbo) Ratio = 24 Overclock Configuration Screen Adjust CPUBC1k (MHz) = 133 Spread Spectrum = Enabled Adjust PCI Frequency (MHz) = Auto Adjust PCI-E Frequency (MHz) = 100 Intel TurboMode Tech = Enabled 1 - 4 core turbo speed limit = 28 H2C (28x133 = 3724 MHz) Tdc = 180 H2C Tdp = 200 H2C Overvoltage Configuration Screen Dynamic CPU Vcore Offset = +120mv H2C DDR3 Memory Voltage = Auto I0H Voltage = 1.10V QPI and Uncore Voltage = Default
Darrell WV, Shoot me your service tag number in a private message. All, we are discussing this issue in our weekly meeting as I write.
Read through the FAQ, it is always updated. Read this. Can one purchase the base model with the 2.66 i7 and then overclock it in ROM to maybe 3.2? * No. Also is there is an upgrade program the ... See more...
Read through the FAQ, it is always updated. Read this. Can one purchase the base model with the 2.66 i7 and then overclock it in ROM to maybe 3.2? * No. Also is there is an upgrade program the we should be entitled to the extreme Core i7 for free considering the QX9770 (£1000) is worth more then the extreme version of the Core i7 (£850)? * No. What I do not understand is that the Dell Canada site will let you configure a XPS 730X with the H2C (for $500 Canadian) as an option with any configuration, yet the US site only allows the configuraton on the most expensive Core i7. Why would they have a better configuration options? * No idea. Those are two different marketing teams. What sound card does it actually come with? I see XFI Titanium in my email receipt, I see XFI extremegamer on my online receipt. It of course said XFI Titanium as I was making the order. Which is it * It should be the F333J PCIe Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro. I dded the X-Fi because I had it laying around. What power supply brand and model is it that it comes with? * U662D HiPro * UR006 Delta That brings up a question I have. Do they do any type of testing prior to shipping to make sure it works? I mean in my opinion for gaming machines like these I would imagine they would do somet type of testing. Run a game, run applications. let it run for at least 24 hours type thing. I am not sure Dell does this but I know a lot of niche computer companies do a gammut of testing to their enthusiast boxes. * Yes. I am on that beta team. I get to test many games on the XPS desktops before they go on sale. Right now I have the XPS 730x, XPS 730, and XPS 630 at the house. One would hope that Dell does some testing, but you'll never hear an answer from any Dell personnel monitoring this forum. It appears they are absent or have no time to bother with us. * No, I am here. I have to monitor all of the Desktop boards. I think what I said was misunderstood, I know he cant answer the order questions BUT he can answer the tech questions like: Do they run tests on every machine to make sure its going to work out of the box? * The factory runs a whole assortment of burn in testing. How is it overclocked? The factory level 1. Is it overclocked via the QPI or multipler on the core i7 965? * Multiplier. CPU Configuration Screen XD Bit Capability = Enabled SpeedStep = Enabled C-STATE Tech = Enabled C State package Limit = C6 Frequency/Voltage Control Screen QPI Frequency = Auto Memory Ratio = Auto XMP Support = Disabled H2C 3.72GHz CPU Core (Non-turbo) Ratio = 28 Air 3.45GHz CPU Core (Non-turbo) Ratio = 24 Overclock Configuration Screen Adjust CPUBC1k (MHz) = 133 Spread Spectrum = Enabled Adjust PCI Frequency (MHz) = Auto Adjust PCI-E Frequency (MHz) = 100 Intel TurboMode Tech = Enabled H2C 3.72GHz 1 - 4 core turbo speed limit = 28 (28x133=3.72Ghz) H2C 3.72GHz Tdc = 180 H2C 3.72GHz Tdp = 200 Air 3.45GHz 1 - 4 core turbo speed limit = 26 (26x133=3.45GHz) Air 3.45GHz Tdc = 160 Air 3.45GHz Tdp = 180 Overvoltage Configuration Screen H2C 3.72GHz Dynamic CPU Vcore Offset = +120mv Air 3.45GHz Dynamic CPU Vcore Offset = +80mv DDR3 Memory Voltage = Auto I0H Voltage = 1.10V QPI and Uncore Voltage = Default Noise is absolutely no factor, except at boot/reboot time when it ramps up like a hair dryer for about 10 seconds max. After that, it's as quiet as can be. Haven't been able to find a way to stop it yet. * That is normal.
prentiss5757, No. You would have to install a 3rd party motherboard.
Where are the XPS FAQS? * Click Here * Click Forums- Desktop Why doesn't windows show 3.72Ghz? * Windows System properties and Windows Device Manager will only show the CPU as 3.20GHz. The only ... See more...
Where are the XPS FAQS? * Click Here * Click Forums- Desktop Why doesn't windows show 3.72Ghz? * Windows System properties and Windows Device Manager will only show the CPU as 3.20GHz. The only way to verify the overclock settings have worked is to view them in CPU-Z. How do I overclock the XPS 730x with the Core I7 Extreme 965? * Click Here * Click Forums- Desktop- XPS 730x FAQ * Scroll down to "XPS 730x Core I7 Extreme 965 overclocking"
All, Other than this thread with two PCs, we are not seeing other reports of this noise. Perhaps you could make a video of this noise issue and post it on youtube so we can hear it?
All, The dongle is not shipped with the video card. Call Dell Spare Parts 1-800-372-3355 and purchase part number J579F.
Beach-Bound, * Download the latest display driver for your video card * Download and install Driver Sweeper * Open the Windows Control Panel- Add/Remove Programs and remove the display driver * ... See more...
Beach-Bound, * Download the latest display driver for your video card * Download and install Driver Sweeper * Open the Windows Control Panel- Add/Remove Programs and remove the display driver * When finished, close the Windows Control Panel * Run Driver Sweeper and remove the display driver * When finished, close Driver Sweeper * Restart the PC
Icericks, Send me a private message with your email address.